This business adventure began in 2003 when my dad told me he needed to tear down the barn from my childhood farm. I couldn’t stand the thought of all that beautiful, weathered, 120-year-old wood going to the landfill or burn pile. With the encouragement of my friend, Adonna, we gathered some of the wood, collected a stash of old “junk”, started creating, and Old Barn Rescue Company was born!
We soon found ourselves rescuing all kinds of interesting objects from dumpsters, trash piles, recycling centers, garage sales, and thrift stores. From old doors, windows, and molding to old buttons, nails, water faucets, baseballs, game tiles, bottles, hinges, door knobs and hooks – there seems to be no end. We love getting our hands dirty digging for a perfect treasure to finish a piece. The ideas are limited only by our imaginations and the objects we rescue. You’ll find all kinds of wonderful, eco-friendly, functional decor in our “upcycled home decor” section of this site.
From the start, Adonna was adding her beautiful calligraphy to many of our items. Due to the popularity, we began to search for a way to “mass produce” her lettering without compromising the integrity of our vintage materials. In the fall of 2008, Old Barn Rescue Company’s Wall Graphic Division was born. Wall graphics are one of the latest trends in home décor. We love the versatility and ease of cut vinyl. We can use it on most of our reclaimed materials, and you can now have Adonna’s professional lettering directly on your walls! Our matte finish vinyl looks hand-painted and comes at a wonderful price for changing the look of a entire room!
Adonna is always coming up with new wall graphic designs, most of which are hand-drawn, making them unlike anything else out there. Her hand-lettering now graces the walls of many a nursery and bedroom, kitchen and bath, classroom and storefront.
With our strong value for “being green”, we use a vinyl manufactured by Oracal USA for our wall decals. They have the most green process of any vinyl manufacturer and have been certified “a Green Product” by meeting certification standards for process and environmental impact. They are constantly looking for ways to reduce waste and pollution and their environmental footprint.
As two WAHM’s (work at home moms) we enjoy being creative and are committed to making sure you, the customer, love what we create.
1. “Like” Six Sisters’ Stuff on Facebook and leave a comment here to let us know.
2. “Like” Old Barn Rescue on Facebook and leave a comment here to let us know.
3. Visit Old Barn Rescue’s website and look at their items. Come back here and leave a comment to let us know what you would choose if you won!
4. Leave a comment on Old Barn Rescue’s Facebook page and leave a comment here to let us know.
5. Follow Six Sisters Stuff on Twitter and leave a comment here to let us know.
6. Follow Six Sisters Stuff on Pinterest and leave a comment here to let us know.
7. Tweet about this giveaway (tag @SixSistersStuff in the tweet) and leave a comment here to let us know.