Fresh Food Friday: 20 Tried and True Freezer Meals

Happy Friday!

I have to be honest . . . the holidays are SO crazy around my house that the last thing I want to do at the end of a busy day is cook dinner. Between class parties, work parties, family gatherings, and holiday programs (and my husband's brother is getting married the weekend before Christmas!), it is a super busy time! And that is why I am such a fan of freezer meals. At the end of a long day, all I have to do is pull one out of the freezer, pop it in the oven, and dinner is done! So much better for my family (and less stress on my wallet!) than fast food . . .
When I make freezer meals, I usually set aside 2-3 hours on a Saturday morning and I can whip out 3-4 meals. I also was part of a Freezer Meal Swap with some ladies in my neighborhood and once a month we would each make 4-5 of the same meal and then go and "swap" with everyone else. It was a great way to expose myself and my family to some new fun recipes.
You will notice that a lot of these recipes are also made in your slow cooker- it is so easy to double a slow cooker recipe (if you have a big enough slow cooker! Or you could even borrow a slow cooker from a friend for one day so you can make a lot) and eat half for dinner that night and freeze the other half for another day- that is my favorite way to do freezer meals. :)
So here is my collection of some easy and delicious freezer meals . . . you will have to try some out and see what you think!
(Click on the link below each picture to go to the recipe)
Have a great weekend! :)
And don't forget to come share your latest and greatest at our link party every Saturday!
  1. Mary says:

What a wonderful selection of make-ahead meals. They all look delicious. I am new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I’m so glad I did that. I really like the food you share with your readers and I’ll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

2. Abby Barnett says:

I’m curious about how you cook these. You mention putting it straight in the oven from the freezer. Most recipes I have say to thaw overnight first. Am I able to put anything straight into the oven frozen?

• Camille says:

I would make everything up to the part where you add the sour cream. I would probably just put it in a Ziploc bag and freeze it, then when I was ready to eat it, I would dump it back into the crock pot and reheat it, then stir in the sour cream.
      I have also made this without sour cream and it’s still delicious!

3. Natalie says:

This rocks! I’m getting writing to write my next novel and this will keep us eating out of boxes and bags for the next month while I’m holed up at the computer. Don’t know why I didn’t think to do this before, but now I’m armed with recipes and ideas. Thank you

4. D M V says:

Is there anyway you could make the shopping list and recipe list in two printable forms like you did with your 8 & 10 Freezer meals… I just made those 18 meals on Friday and want to do these 20 – this is awesome. I am so happy to have found you gals!! THANKS!

• Six Sisters says:

Sorry, it takes a while to do those lists and many of these freezer meals are from other blogs that we feature. Some may have linked up to our sister blog – MyRecipeMagic.com. You can type certain recipes into the search bar. If it has been entered you can create shopping lists. Hope this helps. Come check out our new blog, it’s so fun!
      -The Six Sisters

5. Jaime says:

I have made 18 of your Freezer meals!!! Great flavor, but they all seem to break down into a very thin liquid. I follow your directions to a T. Please help me. I have 4 children and this is the best thing I have ever done ahead of time. I spend more time with my babies and dinner is ready by the time my husband gets home!!! Thank You for sharing these reciepies.