- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate chips would be fine)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
– Heat oven to 350°F. Wax paper line and grease 9-inch round baking pan. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
– Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat (or you can cheat like I did and just melt it in the microwave). Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add cocoa, blending well. Stir in flour mixture. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
-Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; remove wax paper. Turn right side up; cool completely.
Cream Layer Ingredients*:
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip (lite is fine if you want to use it!)
Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Divide evenly and spread over each cake (I actually only used about 3/4 of the cream mixture- you can use as much or as little as you like).
Top cream layer with 2 cups of fresh raspberries**. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Refrigerate until serving time.
*Instead of the cream cheese layer, you could use whipped cream: use 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup sugar. Beat until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form. Spread over brownie layer.
**You can also substitute other types of berries. I have made this using strawberries and it was delicious. I have not tried this with frozen berries . . . so if you do use frozen berries, let me know if it works! 🙂