I love the flavor of buffalo wings and knew that I had to try this recipe . . . it was awesome! It was a fun twist on your traditional lasagna . . . plus it cooks in the slow cooker, which makes it even better! My four-year-old thought that it was a little too “spicy” (aka too hot), but my two-year-old loved it. The flavor is the best part about this meal. If you love buffalo wings, you will LOVE this lasagna.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (we used Frank’s sauce- it is so good!)
- 3 green bell peppers, chopped (you could also use red, yellow, or orange peppers if you want)
- 15 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella and cheddar blend)
- ½ cup bleu cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup of water (add at very end)
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and diced chicken breast, pasta sauce, and 1 cup of buffalo wing sauce.
- Ladle a big spoonful of the sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker. Cover with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (you will have to break them to get a proper fit).
- Add a smear of ricotta cheese to the top of the noodles. Add a layer of chopped bell pepper. Sprinkle on a handful of shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.
- Add the bleu cheese crumbles. Put the ¼ cup of water into your empty pasta sauce jar and shake. Pour the liquid over the top of the entire lasagna.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or on high for 2.5-3 hours (if you go any longer than that, the pasta will start to turn mushy). When cooking time is complete, unplug and take off the lid of the crock. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving so that it is easier to scoop out. :)
- *You will want to use a large 5 Quart Slow Cooker, otherwise this will not fit! It makes a lot!
3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Tacos
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
Slow Cooker Sesame Beef
Slow Cooker 8 Can Taco Soup
Slow Cooker Crazy Nachos