Overnight Blueberry French Toast Recipe

The weekend is all about yummy breakfasts for my family . . . and it doesn't get any easier than this!
I'm sure you may have noticed that I have a thing for overnight french toast recipes.  I decided to try something a little more fruity this time, and loved it!  I could not get enough of the blueberry syrup.  I could drink that stuff (okay, that is a little gross, but you get the point)!
I've never been a big fan of blueberries, but they went perfectly with the cream cheese!
Mmm Mm Mm!
Don't worry,  there will be enough for leftovers the next day. :)
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Recipe
(Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen)

French Toast:
12 slices bread, cut into cubes (french or Texas toast work well)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
12 large eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 cups milk (I use 1 cup milk and 1 cup cream)

Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 Tablespoon butter

Arrange 1/2 of the bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and blueberries evenly over the bread cubes.
Top with remaining bread cubes.
Mix together eggs, milk, and syrup.
Pour over bread cubes and cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.

Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden. Top with sauce. Serves 8.

Syrup: Cook water, sugar, and cornstarch until thickened. Stir in blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Serve over the french toast.

Linking to:

1. Mrs B says:

This looks amazing! I’ve done savory breakfast stratas for years but I’ve never tried a sweet version. I’m definitely trying this one!

Hubby is a blueberry fiend and I think if I wasn’t watching, he might just drink the syrup! LOL

Newly following from What’s Cooking Wednesday. Thanks for sharing!

2. Marie says:

This sounds so yummy I could go for some right now! So glad you linked up with us! Hope you’re having a great weekend!

Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

3. Determined says:

We had it Friday morning :) It was delicious – although we think that next time we make it, we’ll only soak it for a little while – while the over preheats :) It was a littls soggy for my personal tastes :) lol. But DELICIOUS!

• Kelly Gresko says:

I’ve also made this with strawberries. I’ve done one blueberry one strawberry and I’ve also done just one dish half and half so the picky people only eat the ends and then I make the middle a little overlapped of the two so you get the best of both! My family loves this dish. I make it every year for both Christmas morning and Easter morning.

4. Sarah says:

Made this tonight and we LOVED it. After reading the reviews, I didn’t soak it overnight, but let it sit in the fridge about an hour or so before baking. It came out awesome! Thank you Six Sisters!!! You gals rock!

5. Eric Pepple says:

I love french toast, it’s probably my favorite breakfast food and I love anything with blueberries. I’ll definitely have to try this recipe! Following your blog now!

~Eric @ Happy Valley Chow

6. ECA says:

Could you please change the ‘Syrup’ recipe part to say ‘Sauce’? It’s very confusing since the first part of the recipe calls for regular syrup and yet there’s directions to make ‘Syrup’ (blueberries, cornstarch, etc.) which is actually the sauce you put on top. Anyway just a suggestion since it’s misleading. Thanks :-)

7. Mrykm says:

I just made this today and it was WONDERFUL!! I used some “day old” diced french bread and just let the dish sit on the counter for 30 minutes prior to baking (to let the frozen blueberries thaw) and it turned out delicious! Everyone ate seconds and thirds!! Would definitely make this again! Thanks so much for the recipe:-)

8. Lisa says:

This is fabulous! I split it into two 8×8 pans…had it for breakfast two days in a row! Uncovered bake time is about 23 minutes in the smaller pan. thanks for an amazing recipe! Repinning this to my “made and loved” board :)

9. Just Me says:

Yeah, mine was pretty slimy and soggy in the middle too. So I’ve just stirred it, and it’s in the oven for another 25 minutes. I’ll just keep tossing it and cooking it until it’s cooked through. Not about to eat slimy, uncooked, egg-soaked anything lol. Next time I’ll just divide it between 2 8X8 pans to solve the issue.

10. Holly Harris says:

Just made this recipe for my family for breakfast this morning. It was very good but could definitely be a little sweeter and not so soggy. Maybe a few less eggs and a little less milk. I added some cinnamon sugar on top of it and it tasted soooo good!

11. Holly Harris says:

• Cyd says:

You stir the milk, eggs and syrup together and pour over the french toast before cooking. After cooking follow the “syrup” portion of the recipe and then pour that over the cooked french toast.