Overnight Blueberry French Toast Recipe

The weekend is all about yummy breakfasts for my family . . . and it doesn’t get any easier than this!
I’m sure you may have noticed that I have a thing for overnight french toast recipes.  I decided to try something a little more fruity this time, and loved it!  I could not get enough of the blueberry syrup.  I could drink that stuff (okay, that is a little gross, but you get the point)!

I’ve never been a big fan of blueberries, but they went perfectly with the cream cheese!
Mmm Mm Mm!
Don’t worry,  there will be enough for leftovers the next day. :)
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 8 servings
This is an easy and delicious breakfast that your family will love.
  • French Toast:
  • 12 slices bread, cut into cubes (french or Texas toast work well)
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
  • 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 12 large eggs
  • ⅓ cup maple syrup
  • 2 cups milk (I use 1 cup milk and 1 cup cream)
  • Syrup:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  1. Arrange ½ of the bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
  2. Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and blueberries evenly over the bread cubes.
  3. Top with remaining bread cubes.
  4. Mix together eggs, milk, and syrup.
  5. Pour over bread cubes and cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.
  6. Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden. Top with sauce. Serves 8.
  7. Syrup: Cook water, sugar, and cornstarch until thickened. Stir in blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Serve over the french toast.
(Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen)

Equipment needed for this recipe:

Here are more delicious breakfast recipes:
Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Apple Topping
French Toast Roll Ups
Banana and Peanut Butter Chip Mini Muffins
Bacon Cheesy Bread
Oven Baked Omelete

Sweets and Treats Cover

We’re so excited to announce that our 4th cookbook is available for SALE!!!
Sweets and Treats with Six Sisters’ Stuff
This cookbook is all our very favorite recipes: DESSERTS!
Get it HERE.

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

This looks amazing! I’ve done savory breakfast stratas for years but I’ve never tried a sweet version. I’m definitely trying this one!

Hubby is a blueberry fiend and I think if I wasn’t watching, he might just drink the syrup! LOL

Newly following from What’s Cooking Wednesday. Thanks for sharing!

• says

I’ve also made this with strawberries. I’ve done one blueberry one strawberry and I’ve also done just one dish half and half so the picky people only eat the ends and then I make the middle a little overlapped of the two so you get the best of both! My family loves this dish. I make it every year for both Christmas morning and Easter morning.

Made this tonight and we LOVED it. After reading the reviews, I didn’t soak it overnight, but let it sit in the fridge about an hour or so before baking. It came out awesome! Thank you Six Sisters!!! You gals rock!

Could you please change the ‘Syrup’ recipe part to say ‘Sauce’? It’s very confusing since the first part of the recipe calls for regular syrup and yet there’s directions to make ‘Syrup’ (blueberries, cornstarch, etc.) which is actually the sauce you put on top. Anyway just a suggestion since it’s misleading. Thanks :-)

I just made this today and it was WONDERFUL!! I used some “day old” diced french bread and just let the dish sit on the counter for 30 minutes prior to baking (to let the frozen blueberries thaw) and it turned out delicious! Everyone ate seconds and thirds!! Would definitely make this again! Thanks so much for the recipe:-)

This is fabulous! I split it into two 8×8 pans…had it for breakfast two days in a row! Uncovered bake time is about 23 minutes in the smaller pan. thanks for an amazing recipe! Repinning this to my “made and loved” board :)

Yeah, mine was pretty slimy and soggy in the middle too. So I’ve just stirred it, and it’s in the oven for another 25 minutes. I’ll just keep tossing it and cooking it until it’s cooked through. Not about to eat slimy, uncooked, egg-soaked anything lol. Next time I’ll just divide it between 2 8X8 pans to solve the issue.

Just made this recipe for my family for breakfast this morning. It was very good but could definitely be a little sweeter and not so soggy. Maybe a few less eggs and a little less milk. I added some cinnamon sugar on top of it and it tasted soooo good!

• Cyd says

You stir the milk, eggs and syrup together and pour over the french toast before cooking. After cooking follow the “syrup” portion of the recipe and then pour that over the cooked french toast.

9. Brittany says

I followed the directions mostly, but used gluten free bread. I used 10 eggs rather than 12, and used heavy whipping cream rather than both cups milk. I cooked in a 9X 13 baking dish. I thought it appeared alright and not too soft in the middle, but I cooked (covered with foil again) for an additional 15 min for good measure. However, I also didn’t let soak overnight, only about 2 hours. I’m about to go check it as the buzzer is calling!!

• Brittany says

Alright, note…I don’t think I should have covered it with foil for the last 15 min. As I think it made the middle even more soft. I think the issue is just that I wish the middle was crispier, but it’s not actually soggy, so that’s notable. I think it turned out alright. I am cooking for another 15 minutes to see if it will crisp it up, after I cut the bake in slices.