- Posted on
- 8 Comments
1 1/3 cups of water
1 1/2 Tbsp butter, softened
4 cups of flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast (one packet)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
Non-stick cooking spray (preferably butter flavored)
Garlic salt for topping
1. In the mixing bowl of dough mixer, mix together 1 1/2 Tbsp softened butter, flour, sugar, salt, yeast and water and make smooth soft dough. (If you don't have a dough mixer, simply mix ingredients together in a bowl using a large spoon. When dough becomes too hard to mix using that, pull out of pull and knead on a floured surface until dough is smooth. I kneaded mine for about 5 minutes and it turned out fine)
2. When dough is ready make elongated shape of bread sticks having 1 1/2” thickness and 5-6" long.
3. Place these sticks on a greased baking sheet by keeping 2-4 cm distance in between sticks cover the pan and let them rise to double in size for 60-80 min (keep in a warm place for faster rising).
4. Meanwhile preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Brush breaksticks with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 18-20 min until they are barely lightly golden on top (don't over-do it!). Serve warm breadsticks with marinara sauce for dipping.
*Final result: These are delicious breadsticks and are pretty close to Olive Garden, but I still love Olive Garden's more. I cooked mine for about 3 minutes too long, so they were a little overdone for my taste. Next time I am going to pull them out a little earlier and see if that makes a difference. I am usually scared when it comes to making bread, but these were pretty quick to rise and made just the right amount that I felt comfortable making them . . . and if I can do it, anyone can!! They make a great side dish and I will for sure make them again.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Dose.