- 5 cups water
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons onion (I added ½ an onion because we LOVE them)
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup (part Skim) mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot, boil 5 cups of salted water.
- Cut off the top of each pepper, clean out seeds and membranes and then wash them really well. Cook peppers in the boiling water for 5 minutes then drain.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground turkey and onion until onion is tender. Drain off any fat. Stir in salt, garlic salt, rice and 1 cup (8 oz) of tomato sauce. Heat through.
- Stuff each pepper with meat mixture. Stand the peppers upright in an un-greased baking dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, and top with shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Zucchini Apple Hash
Asparagus Chicken Stir Fry
Mediterranean Flatbread Pizza
Parmesan Crusted Salmon
100 + Healthy Recipes from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Inside, you’ll find over 100 recipes that will help you on your path to living a healthier lifestyle. No preservatives, no deep-frying, and no drive-thru, just quick and easy recipes you and your family will love.
Get this eBook for only $5.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.