Breakfast, Recipes, Slow Cooker

Easy Crock Pot Caramel Rolls Recipe

Our mom made these DELICIOUS rolls . . . in her crock pot! The secret ingredient: refrigerated biscuits! They are the perfect breakfast on a cold morning and they make your house smell amazing while they bake. With very few ingredients, these are SO easy to throw together in no time at all!

1 cup brown sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)
2 8 oz. tubes refrigerated biscuits

Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together. Separate biscuits and dip into melted butter, then into brown sugar mixture coating both sides. Place into a greased slow cooker. Have biscuits overlap so they all fit into crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 1.5 hours. Check to see if they are cooked through. Put on a plate and drizzle with favorite glaze or frosting.

Glaze:

1/4 cup margarine or butter melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 T milk
2 cups powdered sugar
Mix together well. Add more milk if needed to get to desired consistency.

Linked to:

Comments

That looks awesome! I love crockpot recipes! This is something I would love to try!

Ps–congrats on being a guest judge on The CSI Project! That is huge!

2. Anonymous says

Just found your blog over the weekend, love it. I’ve made these in the oven and like the idea of the crockpot….won’t heat up the kitchen. Can you tell me what size crock pot. There are so many sizes now.
    Dee

I have got to try this. thank you so much for linking up to last weeks show and share. Make sure to come back and link up this week with your latest project.

A mommy’s life…with a touch of yellow
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

4. Anonymous says

Could you set these up the night before and just pop into crock pot to cook the next morning? Or do you think they would get mushy??

Thanks!

Ann

I’m wondering if you were to cut the biscuts in halves or quarters if you would get more of a pull apart baked dish. Similiar to McDonalds Cini-Melts (my kids love those). Must try these this weekend!

ooh thos look good. I didn’t realize they would brown
    like that in a crockpot. Silly me I’ve got to start using that thing more often.

I make rolls like this all of the time but haven’t tried the crock pot – I’m excited to give it a try. I am an early morning seminary teacher and my students love my monkey bread. I have used the plain biscuits but most of the time I buy the Pillsbury (or generic) cinnamon rolls – the normal size or grands – and I cut them into quarters – layer them in my pan – melt the brown sugar with the cinnamon and butter – and pour it over it… then because I hadn’t thought of a crock pot I refrigerated it until morning and baked it for about a 1/2 hour… but Friday I’m going to give the crock pot a try…. can’t wait! Thanks!

This was delicious! Thanks so much for posting the recipe. I layered mine to fit them all in the crock pot, and the sides and bottoms burned – but the tops were done perfectly. Even so they were great!

9. Briana says

So, I have quite the household! I have five hungry growing boys and that’s not counting dad! was just wondering do you think I should double this recipe? and how well would that work if I put all that dough piled in the crockpot?