We love quick and easy dinners (like this Chicken Parmesan Casserole!) that we have written a couple of cookbooks that are dedicated to just that!
You can see our cookbooks here:
Now onto the recipe!
We love Chicken Parmesan at our house and I was intrigued by this recipe because it didn’t require any frying. Even better, it has VERY minimal prep (it is literally 4 easy steps to throw it together!). We ended up loving it . . . just as much as our other fried chicken parmesan! So if you are looking for a healthier alternative for classic chicken parmesan, look no further!
This casserole literally comes together in 4 easy steps!
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (5oz) package garlic croutons
- Pour the olive oil in the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan and spread around so that it covers the entire surface. Add crushed garlic and red pepper flakes and spread it around so it is easily distributed.
- Place whole chicken breasts in the pan. Pour the sauce on top of the chicken. Sprinkle basil on top of sauce. Sprinkle half of the cheeses on top of the basil. Dump all the croutons on top of that. Finish it off with the other half of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40- 55 minutes (it depends on how large your chicken breasts are- mine cooked for about 50 minutes).
- Let stand for about 10 minutes after you pull it out of the oven and serve!
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Chicken Parmesan Crescents
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
Slow Cooker 7 Up Chicken and Rice
Kneaders Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Check out the NEW Six Sisters’ Cookbook!
With over 150 recipes, we have put together 52 menu plans to make meal time a lot easier.
You can order our book HERE on Amazon!