Join us on Facebook for our latest recipes!
I love twice baked potatoes, so I was so excited to try this recipe! It was really good and would make a perfect side or main dish!
- 5 lb russet potatoes
- 10 slices bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chives, minced
- 2½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place in a large saucepan, and add enough cold water to cover by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender and easily pierced with a paring knife, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain; return to pan, cover, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp and browned, turning once. Transfer to paper towels to drain; let cool, and crumble into pieces.
- Using a fork, mash the potatoes in pan until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese, butter, and sour cream, and stir until combined and smooth. Add the chives, 2 cups cheddar cheese, half the bacon, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a buttered 3-quart baking dish. Top with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese. Bake until top is slightly golden and potatoes are heated through, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven; garnish with remaining bacon. Serve immediately.