Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches

I saw this recipe over at The Girl Who Ate Everything and made it immediately! It did not disappoint! We DEVOURED this dinner. The best part- it takes about 5-10 minutes of prep work! So easy and so good.

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (if you don't have fresh use around 2 teaspoons of dried parsley)
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
12 slider buns or 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns

1. Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups of water, cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours. I also seasoned the chicken with a little bit of minced onion and garlic powder.

2. Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon and drain the water from the slow cooker. Place chicken on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds, discarding any fat.

3. Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. I really make sure that I discard any fat pieces so by the time I was done I only used about 1/2 cup of dressing but you make need more if you have more chicken. Stir until mixed evenly. Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.

4. Spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto each slider bun if you are making sliders or more for regular sized buns. Top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and lettuce to serve (we also added a little bit of dressing on on the buns).

Pin It

Tip Junkie handmade projects

1. Lisa says:

I’m super excited to try these! We’re making the orange chicken tonight. I think I’ll make these this weekend! Thanks for all the great slow cooker recipes!

2. Jennifer R. says:

This was just okay for me. The chicken was a little dry even with more salad dressing. Wondering if my crockpot is too large and maybe it dried the chicken out.

3. nola says:

I just made this! Words can not even explain how good this is! I am making it for company and can;t wait for them to try it!!!!
    Thanks so much!

4. Tania says:

These are a regular in my house now! My husband likes baconnaise on his buns for these. I tried it finally last time. I have to agree. Very tasty.

5. Tawnya says:

I have made this and my recipe calls for adding croutons to the sandwich. They get a little soggy but still have some crunch….very good!

6. Margaret says:

We love these in my house. I don’t add the extra pepper because the dressing I use is a little heavy on the pepper to begin with.

7. Ellen says:

If I make this ahead for a crowd, would it be good served cold like a regular chicken salad sandwich? or just best to stick to the recipe?

• Cyd says:

We love it both ways. We eat the leftovers cold and it is so yummy! And of course the warm chicken salad right out of the slow cooker is delicious too. Just whatever way you prefer. Both ways work great and taste amazing! Good luck feeding your crowd! :)