- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders*
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in large Ziploc bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir. Serve over rice.
- (If you want like sauce and want to have some to pour over the chicken and the rice, double the sauce ingredients.)
Also, the red pepper flakes give this dish a little heat and a lot of flavor, so I highly recommend using them!
Looking for more slow cooker dishes?
Here are some of our favorites:
Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken
Slow Cooker Roasted Vegetables
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!