Korean BBQ Beef

My husband and I both LOVE steak!  This meat is SO GOOD!  My husband told me he could eat this every night and die a happy man.  It was that good.  I marinated my meat for about 8 hours so it would be really tender and flavorful.  We can't wait to have this again!

Korean BBQ Beef
(Recipe from Our Best Bites)
1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak, cut against the grain into thin (about 1/4″) slices
1/2 c. rice wine or pear juice (1 4 oz. bottle of pear juice from the baby food aisle is perfect and cheap)
1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce (regular soy sauce makes it taste vaguely like beef jerky)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce
1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
Combine wine or pear juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, chili sauce, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add sliced steak. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator. Preheat the grill. While the grill is heating, thread the steak pieces onto bamboo skewers. Cook over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes per side, being careful not to let the meat get too cooked. Serve immediately; serves 4-6.

Pin It

1. The Ellis' says:

@Jess,
    We’ve never tried it with peppers and onions but I think it would work fine! They might need to go just a few minutes longer for the vegetables to get cooked through.

2. Lyndsay says:

I think anytime I’ve clicked a pin lately 50% of the time it’s you ladies! I guess it’s time for me to become a regular reader here. Thanks for all the wonderful!

3. Jenny says:

I made this tonight after my husband requested that I try a new Asian-inspired dish. I had pinned it months ago. It was a HUGE hit! My husband spent a year in Korea with the Army and he said it tastes like true Korean food!

4. Emcee says:

My husband could not stop talking about how delicious this tasted – I am making it the 2nd time in a week tonight! So so good.

5. Sarah says:

How do you think it would work to skewer it and put it in baggies with the marinade and freeze? Then pull out day of to grill…..I am searching through your recipes to do freezer meals and LOVING THEM ALL!!!

• Cyd says:

Sounds like it would work. We haven’t tried that so not absolutely sure….but sounds like a great plan. Let us know how it goes! Have a fun and safe 4th of July!

• Cyd says:

You could try baking or broiling. Might even work it a crock pot on low. We don’t have exact directions because we have only grilled it. Best of luck to you. Let us know how it works out. :)

• Cyd says:

It isn’t rice wine vinegar. It’s just called rice wine. It’s often hard to find so the pear juice on the baby aisle works just as well.