Candy, Chocolate, Dessert, Recipes, Snacks

Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Truffles

peanut butter cup truffles

peanut butter cup truffles

My cute neighbor Summer made these for me a couple of months ago and I have been hooked ever since. I have a crazy addiction to all things chocolate and peanut butter and these little balls of goodness hit the spot! The recipe makes A TON, so you can share with your friends and neighbors or throw them in your freezer for when you need a little “pick-me-up”. :)

Ingredients:
-1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
-1 lb powdered sugar
-1 cup peanut butter
-10-12 graham cracker sheets (I just used one whole “sleeve” of graham crackers and didn’t actually count how many were in there . . . so it is just a guess that there are 10-12 whole crackers)
-dipping chocolate, melted

Put graham crackers in a food processor or plastic Ziploc bag and beat until they are finely crushed. Mix butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and graham crackers together in large bowl. Roll into 1″ balls. Place rolled balls on large cookie sheet (I lined my cookie sheet with parchment paper) and stick in the freezer for about 20 minutes. In the meantime, melt dipping chocolate. Once the peanut butter balls have set up, dip in chocolate and place back on cookie sheet. Let set up before serving/sharing with neighbors (but you can pop a few in your mouth just to test them and make sure they are safe to eat- it’s a chance that I am always willing to take).

Makes 6-7 dozen truffles.

You can also make these look like a Reese’s peanut butter cup- purchase mini-cupcake holders or candy paper cups on a large tray. Pour a small spoonful of chocolate in the bottom of each cup, add a flattened peanut butter ball in the middle, then pour a little more chocolate on top to cover it up.

Here are some more of our favorite desserts:
Homemade Butterfinger Candy Bars
Almond English Toffee
Homemade Microwave Caramels
No Bake Scotcheroo Bars
Snickers Brownie Bites

Comments

• Jeanie says

Where do you find gluten-free graham crackers?! I’ve been wishing they existed.
      Also, does anyone know how many cups of crumbs these 10-12 graham cracker sheets make? Thanks.

• Cyd says

I would look on the internet if you have not had luck at your local grocery store down the gluten free aisle. 14 graham crackers crushed equals about 1 cup of crumbs.

• Tricia says

You can make this without the graham cracker and they are to die for! I crush peanuts and drizzle over the dipped chocolates. They also freeze well too.

I have also been lucky enough to have been on the receiving end of these amazing little treats from Summer. Wow! They are so good. Can’t wait to try the recipe.

You kill me with all your yumminess. I haven’t even had breakfast yet, but am wanting peanut butter and chocolate:> Thanks for sharing all your yummy treats and linking up:>

Hi Kassie! Yes, it is a pound of powdered sugar! It makes seriously a TON of truffles (6 to 7 dozen!), so if you wanted to half this recipe, you totally could!

I took these to a tailgate a few months back. They were gone pretty darn quick. All my friends love them and so do i. Oh well so much for that diet! :D

Please clarify exactly what “dipping chocolate” is for those of us who are not experienced candy makers. They do look delis!

These are fantastic! Just made them to take to Easter dinner tomorrow. Dipped half in milk chocolate, half in white chocolate. I know they’ll be a HIT!!!

I also made these and they were great! I did the half dark cocoa and half white chocolate (Wilton’s melts work great!)as teacher’s gifts at the end of the school year! I gave my mom a few extra and needless to say, I am making these for our 4th of July party since my mom loved them so much!

this looks very good.. My family actually does this recipe, but we call it Chocolate Balls and do it during Christmas time. Some put coconut in it (my family altered the recipe for my distaste for coconut).

Thank you! Just made these…the texture is really close to a Reese’s, but I had to add salt (well to be fair I did use unsalted butter to begin) to get it to the right saltiness to combat the super sweetness. I didn’t really keep track of how much I used, I added 1/2 tsp at a time until it tasted right to me. I’m a big fan of the salty sweet combo though. I might try using pretzels instead of graham crackers next time to get that extra saltiness in there. Great recipe!

I was wondering how many Rice Krispies to use? My grand daughter is gluten intolerant, and I simply don’t have the time to make graham crackers. I do however have GF Rice Krispies. :)

Thanks

• says

We have no idea what the conversion from graham crackers to rice krispies would be. Sorry we are not much help in this area. We wish you all the best with this. -The Six Sisters

Sabeeta – I found a similar recipe that calls for 3 cups of crushed rice crispie treats (we going to use the gluten free ones). I’m making it tomorrow night so I’ll chime in about the results! :)

12. Loretta says

I made these for my husband, for fathers day, and they are so, so good.
    but I just noticed while I was reading through your comments, that I only used 1 cup of powdered sugar instead of 1 pound.
    they had to stay in the fridge,or they got to soft.I’m just glad my mistake was so good.
    Now I will have to try the real recipe.

13. Joni says

Delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe. My family were eating these as soon as the chocolate was set enough to touch, good thing the recipe makes so many!

14. Becka says

Made these tonight and did not have enough dipping chocolate so I have about 2 dozen naked peanut butter balls left over. Also….making these in the summer is kind of tough. It’s hot out. I left them in the freezer for 20 min….pulled them out and they were close to frozen but not. By the time I got the first few dipped the others were getting mushy. The mushier they got the harder they were to dip. They would fall apart in my hands while dipping. (so I ate those ones!) I used a tooth pick to spear and dip them but as they warmed in the heat of the summertime soon the toothpicks were even ripping them in half. They taste good….but they are pretty messy to make and due to them being so sloppy they aren’t as attractive to look at as I would want them to be to present at a party or get together. Since I prefer no bake receipies to be easy….and these were so messy they became difficult, I probably wont be making these again.

15. Melissa R. says

Any tips on rolling them in the chocolate? While these tasted awesome they didn’t look so pretty ;). Thx

• Cyd says

One thing that works well is using a plastic fork and just leaving the outside tines of the fork. Break off the inside ones. Then use that to dish the truffle out of the chocolate and let it drip off. Then set it on the waxed paper or pan to set up.

16. Helen Gynell says

Got this recipe from a friend’s (Pam Fischl) mother . Their recipe uses half chocolate chips and half butterscotch chips for melting. I changed it to a 3:1 ratio (more chocolate) but that butterscotch kick really makes it special.