Breakfast, Dessert, Recipes

Easy Blackberry and Cream Cheese Danish

This recipe took just a couple of minutes to throw together, but tastes like it came straight from a pastry shop. To say we loved it would be an understatement!! It was so yummy. It would also make a great dessert!
(If you don’t like blackberries, you could actually substitute any kind of fruit in there! Or, just use the cream cheese filling without fruit- that would be yummy too!).

Easy Blackberry and Cream Cheese Danish:
(Makes 4-6 )
Ingredients:
1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup fresh blackberries or 1 cup blackberry pie filling (or any flavor you like!)

Icing:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla.  Set aside.  Open crescent roll dough and unroll, leaving crescents in rectangles.  On an ungreased baking sheet, lay the crescent roll rectangles together, lining them up width wise.  Dough should be almost the entire length of a half sheet pan.  Press edges together to even out edges and seal any holes.  Cut 1/2 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough.  Carefully spread cream cheese filling down the center of the dough to be about 2-3 inches wide.  Top with fresh blackberries or blackberry pie filling. Fold 1/2 inch dough pieces up over filling alternating sides to get a braided pattern.  You may have excess dough once you reach the end of the danish, so fold them in as best as you can.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until filling is set and crescent dough is golden in color.  Cool before removing from baking sheet.

Once danish has cooled, remove to serving platter. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and cream to create icing. You may need to add more cream to get the desired consistency. Drizzle icing over danish. Cut into pieces and serve.

Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:

MyRecipeMagic
Have you signed up to become a chef on My Recipe Magic?
Not only does it add “magic” to your recipes, but it’s the only recipe sharing site that actually PAYS you to share your recipes! So if you have a delicious recipe that everyone always asks for or a family favorite that everyone loves, share it today and make a little extra “dough”!

Comments

I always thought that danishes were hard to make, but I have got to try this! I think I better start working out more, since I feel like I HAVE to make all your delicious recipes. :)

I love this recipe, but had a really hard time with the dough cooking all the way through. Did anyone else have this problem? If so how did you fix it??

Made this morning and it was super easy and delish! Im going to try to freeze a few pieces and see how it goes. I had the same problem with cooking all the way through, it really needs the 15-20 minutes even thiugh it gets golden brown first. My oven is hot so I turned it down a bit for the last 5 minutes so they didn’t burn.

4. Lori Finch says

I shared this recipe on my blog after I made it. It was so easy, and so very yummy! thanks!
    somayprojectssuchlittletime.blogspot.com

5. Dana says

You can get crescent rolls in one large sheet now. Not all places have it, but if you look closely, this will make it easier!

6. Lori says

Sisters, I cannot visualize what you did with the dough and triangles. Can you post a picture or provide some clarification. They look wonderful!

• Cyd says

Hi Lori, I understand that this can be kind of confusing. Open your dough and when you unroll it you will have two rectangles that have 4 rolls hooked together with seams. You will want to place one rectangle on the cookie sheet so that it’s a horizontal rectangle (lying down). Then place the other on right above it so that they are touching. Then with your finger gently push on all the seams of each roll and where the two pieces connect so that they don’t come apart during cooking. So you basically have one big seamless rectangle dough sheet (Pillsbury also makes crescent roll dough like this now which would save you this crazy step) spread out on your cookie sheet. It really will only take you one minute to do this, just sounds complicated for your first time. Then with kitchen scissors or a knife make 1/2 inch slits up both sides of the dough. About 1 inch apart. Then you add all the ingredients down the center. Then carefully starting at one end pull on piece of dough from the side and cross over the filling, then pull from the other side and cross that dough over. Just continue down with a weaving/braiding pattern. That’s all there is to it. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.
      Cyd (mom of the Six Sisters)