Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Recipe

This is a delicious, easy meal for when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.  Your family will never know you only spent a few minutes preparing dinner!

Crock Pot Italian Chicken Recipe:
(Makes 4-6 servings)

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 packet dry zesty Italian dressing
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 (10.75 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup

Place chicken in a slow cooker and sprinkle Italian dressing over it.  Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small post over low heat and warm until melted through; pour over chicken.  Cook on low 4-6 hours.  Once chicken is done, you can leave the chicken breasts whole or shred them.  Serve chicken over pasta or rice.

Looking for more chicken recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:
MyRecipeMagic
Have you signed up to become a chef on My Recipe Magic?
Not only does it add "magic" to your recipes, but it's the only recipe sharing site that actually PAYS you to share your recipes! So if you have a delicious recipe that everyone always asks for or a family favorite that everyone loves, share it today and make a little extra "dough"!
  1. Not to be a jerk, but this recipe is word for word the same as The girl who ate everything including the stuff in the parenthesis, and her’s was posted two years prior. If you are going to copy and past you really should give the source credit.

2. All of your recipes look delicious, but not always the healthiest. I took this one a modified it via my Weight Watcher recipe builder because it sounds good and is super easy.
    By using 1/3 less fat cream cheese and fat free cream of chicken soup, we go from 4 servings=12 points and 6 servings=8 points to, 4 servings=9 points and 6 servings=7 points. This does not include pasta or rice, which can be an additional 3-5 points.
    Still not the best, but better than it was!

3. Annette says:

Here’s a recipe I found somewhere for Italian Chicken. I had pork one day but not chicken so I used that instead and it still came out good. 2 lbs. of pork or 6 chicken breast halves cut into bite size pieces. 1 cup of Italian salad dressing and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Stir all in the crock and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Great with mashed potatoes.

4. Hatfielda says:

Has anyone ever tried adding mushrooms or broccoli to this recipe? Making it tonight and thinking of adding mushrooms!!!

• Cyd says:

We looked up what a good substitute would be for cream cheese and we found that 1 cup pureed cottage cheese OR 1 cup plain yogurt, strained overnight in a cheesecloth works.

5. MommaT says:

I’m kind of cracking up here at some of the people’s comments about not wanting to be a jerk! I have made this recipe for 20 years for my family which was merely told to me by my friend. I wrote it down myself in my own words . . . Exactly the same as the above recipe! So, should they be giving me credit? I think not. Good job, Six Sister’s Stuff. I’m glad I was able to find my recipe through you!

• Cyd says:

Thanks Momma T for the recipe! :) This recipe has been in our family for a long time too! Have a great week!
      Cyd (mom of the Six Sisters)

• Momma5 says:

Its so sad that people have to make time to leave rude posts comments.
        If you didnt want to hurt someone you wouldn’t say it.
        Cant wait to try the recipe today! Its so nice to let someone else do the thinking.
        Lots of times people end up having the exact same recipes and part of cooking is being free
        to change things to our own liking. It doesn’t make anyone a genius.
        Grow up people.
        Thanks for the recipe :-)

6. Gina says:

” Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small post over low heat ” I love your recipes and how fast and easy they are. being a mom to a 6,2, and newborn your recipes have helped so can spend more time with my children and chores. I quoted from your recipe due to I thought it was a funny quote and I thought it would bring a laugh to your day, I do have days like that.