This is one of my favorite side dishes for a BBQ . . . it’s creamy, full of flavor, and easy to throw together.
Traditional American Macaroni Salad
Author: Six Sisters Stuff
Recipe type: Side Dish
The perfect side dish for your summer BBQ - traditional american macaroni salad. Creamy, easy, and delicious.
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup diced vine-ripened tomato (optional)
- ½ cup prepared mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, onion, parsley and tomato.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Store covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.