Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken

You all know about my obsession with my crock pot . . . and I am always on the lookout for more yummy crock pot recipes. I saw this one over at Money Saving Mama and made it the next day . . . we loved it! It has a great flavor . . . I love the apples in it. It was super easy and delicious.
Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken
Recipe type: Main Dish
Cuisine: American
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4
You wouldn't think apples go well with BBQ and and bacon, but they are a match made it heaven for this easy slow cooker meal!
  • 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
  • ½ cup BBQ sauce
  • 1- 2 apples, peeled and grated
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 6-8 slices bacon
  1. In small bowl, combine BBQ sauce with grated apple and lemon juice.
  2. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast. Place chicken breasts in base of crock pot, pour BBQ/apple mixture over the chicken.  Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
  3. Serve warm with your favorite sides.

Equipment needed for this recipe:

Looking for some sides? We like our chicken served with:
Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Carrot Fries
Cucumber Salad
Berry Balsamic Salad
Balsamic Green Beans and Mushrooms

Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 2.48.28 PM

We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!

Get it HERE!

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

Can you please clarify the order of the following?
    “pour BBQ/apple mixture over the chicken. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast.”

Are you supposed to wrap the bacon around the chicken coated in the apple/BBQ mix, or are you supposed to wrap the chicken breasts first and then pour the sauce over the bacon/chicken combination?

What type of apple and BBQ sauce did you use? Made this tonight with a granny smith apple and Open Pit bbq; thought the tart apple would work with the lemon and the thinner sauce would be good. It was tastey but I’m wondering if something a little sweeter (a Sweet Baby Ray’s maybe?) would be even better. Thanks for the yummy recipe!

I am going to make this Thursday for Vday. My boyfriend loves bacon. I have 2 questions. The first one, we don’t have to cook the bacon at all before we wrap it around the chicken right? And secondly, what sort of apples are the best to use? I have Macintosh, should I buy something different? I am also planning on using Budwiser BBQ sauce since I already have it. Think that combination will be good?

Im so excited!

4. Phil Feudner says

I would like to compliment you on your great blog and also ask you to check your print friendly logo as I have not as of late been able to copy any of the wonderful recipes you have on your site. I can’t afford to waste the ink on the great remarks you receive as it takes from five to seven pages of remarks to get one recipe. If it isn’t too much trouble would you check out the print friendly. It would be appreciated. Thanks

5. Megan G Thomson says

My husband and I have four little, beautiful, smart and a wee bit crazy daughters. It warms my heart to see how close you are, even if separated by distance. happy thanksgiving!

6. Tabitha says

My husband and I love real bacon but we seem to more often that not have turkey bacon on hand. Would that work as well or no? Either way we can splurge and get real bacon to try this!