When I originally saw this recipe, I seriously didn’t think that it would work. Who would have thought that Cool-Whip could make such soft, light-weight cookies? This recipe is also incredibly versatile! I have made it using a Devil’s Food cake mix and they were equally delicious! I really think that you could substitute any flavor of cake mix and have it work just fine. I even used Lite Cool-Whip and they turned out awesome.
Side note: This dough is VERY sticky and hard to work with. Instead of using my hands to roll the cookie balls, I would scoop the dough using a spoon and plop it into a bowl of powdered sugar. From there I would use to spoon to roll it around in the sugar until it was totally coated, and then use my hands to make it a ball.
Recipe adapted from: Allrecipes
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Beat together the whipped topping and eggs together. Add the lemon cake mix and continue to mix. Dough will be sticky. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners’ sugar and roll to coat. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool on racks.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Here are more delicious cookies from Six Sisters:
M&M Pudding Cookies
Orange Creamsicle Cookies
Santa Sugar Cookies
Minty No Bake Cookies
Caramel Oatmeal Cookies