Cake Mix Recipe, Cookies, Dessert, Recipes

Lemon Cool-Whip Crinkle Cookies

DSCN0004

When I originally saw this recipe, I seriously didn’t think that it would work. Who would have thought that Cool-Whip could make such soft, light-weight cookies? This recipe is also incredibly versatile! I have made it using a Devil’s Food cake mix and they were equally delicious! I really think that you could substitute any flavor of cake mix and have it work just fine. I even used Lite Cool-Whip and they turned out awesome.
Side note: This dough is VERY sticky and hard to work with. Instead of using my hands to roll the cookie balls, I would scoop the dough using a spoon and plop it into a bowl of powdered sugar. From there I would use to spoon to roll it around in the sugar until it was totally coated, and then use my hands to make it a ball.

Recipe adapted from: Allrecipes
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
  • 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease baking sheets.
  2. Beat together the whipped topping and eggs together. Add the lemon cake mix and continue to mix. Dough will be sticky.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  3. Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners’ sugar and roll to coat. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Bake  for 9-11 minutes.  Cool on racks.
    Makes about 3 dozen cookies
    Here are more delicious cookies from Six Sisters:
    M&M Pudding Cookies
    Orange Creamsicle Cookies
    Santa Sugar Cookies
    Minty No Bake Cookies
    Caramel Oatmeal Cookies

Comments

I made these.. And they are wonderful! Everyone loved them!

The dough was very sticky! I took a plastic cup and put the powdered sugar in it.. Spooned the dough into the cup & then rotated the cup around so the dough would form inside the cup while getting coated with powdered sugar.

They were yummy!

OoooOOo! I’m glad you shared this. I have a book group meeting coming up and we read The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake this month. I’m thinking an array of lemon flavored desserts are in order!

3. Sandy B. says

Looks nummy, can’t wait to try—-FYI:when printing out your recipe, it doesn’t include the ingredients on the page.

I made them with carrot cake and they are great. Also if you use a cookie dough scoop then roll with a spoon it takes a lot of the mess out of the picture.

Okay so I’m aging myself here but I had to let you know that my grandmother used to make these back in the 70’s YIKES~~~~ anyway she called them “lemon whippersnappers” and I have been making them FoReVeR!!! You can use ANY cake mix (I did the pink cherry cake mix one time and the girlie girls loved them)By the way, your treats make me fat just looking at them!!!I will be making some of your yummies for a bake sale this weekend!!

Love your recipes. I make these but don’t use the eggs. They come out flat like the old “lemon coolers” that use to be sold in a box. They are a huge hit & I get requests to make them all the time.

I used a small ice cream scoop to drop into the powdered sugar and a fork to pick them back up. Also, used fat free cool whip and added lemon extract. They are yummy.

These are so good, but I had a terrible time scraping them off the cookie sheet! I tried a greased cookie sheet, parchment paper, a silpat-type mat, an ungreased airbake cookie sheet, scraping them off immediately, waiting a few minutes after they came out of the oven…and I still feel like I had to chisel them off! What am I doing wrong?

Just reading over the comments many have said they only use one egg and then freeze the dough. Don’t know if that would help. One even said her recipe is similar but no eggs. It was a hard dough to work with, but we aren’t sure why you are having such a problem with them sticking to the pan so badly. Sounds like you have tried everything. So sorry!

10. sheron says

Instead of Cool Whip would a milk based Topping mix or even Whipped cream work? Does it have to be the chemically based, hydrogenated oil Cool Whip topping? THANKS

11. Jodee says

About how many cookies does the recipe make? I have a cookie exchange and need to plan ahead. Thanks the cookie sounds yummy.

• Cyd says

Makes about 3 dozen cookies. Just click on the MAGIC button under the picture and then click on NUTRITION. It will give you the nutritional info on the recipe.

12. Lisa Doherty says

Just finished baking these crinkles — came out fantastic and I think I will win the office cookie bake-off!! Super easy recipe, thank you!! Husband ate 3 already…..!