Homemade Chicken Nuggets

Chicken nuggets were a staple in my life growing up, but by kids hate frozen chicken nuggets! I guess that it is kind of a blessing and a curse (a blessing because it isn't good for them to eat such processed food, but a curse because it sure would be nice to throw some nuggets in the oven and have them ready in a matter of minutes). I saw this recipe a couple of years ago on local TV program, copied it down as fast as I could, and it ended up being a huge hit with my kids (and husband!)! And really, it is pretty quick to throw them together . . . once you try them, you'll never go back.
{P.S. I sometimes will double the batch and freeze half of them so that I can pull them out on a busy night!}

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

3 cups corn flakes
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
pinch of pepper
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
2 large eggs, beaten

-Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces. Set aside.
-Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease cookie sheet.
-Put flakes in large plastic bag and crush to fine texture. Pour into medium-sized bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper to corn flakes.
-Place eggs in separate small bowl.
-Place flour in separate small bowl.
-To bread chicken, coat chicken piece in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in the egg, coat in corn flake mixture.
-Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet til golden brown (about 12-15 minutes).

Looking for more chicken recipes? Here are a few of our favorites!
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
Slow Cooker Bacon Smothered Chicken
Classic Baked Garlic Chicken Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Fajita Soup

You can now find the NUTRITION FACTS for all of Six Sisters' Stuff's recipes over on their new site, MY RECIPE MAGIC!

Nutrition-Facts-on-Six-Sisters-Stuff

On Six Sisters' Stuff (and many other bloggers' sites),
there is a little "MAGIC" button below each picture.
Click on that to be taken to the recipe,
then click on the "NUTRITION" tab.
Not only will you see the nutrition facts, but you can also see the Weight Watchers Points
for each serving!

{You can check out that Grilled Pineapple Pork recipe and it's nutrition info HERE.}

1. Camilleta says:

Great recipe! My daughter loves chicken nuggets and I’d feel better about her eating them every day if they were homemade!

Thanks for the comment and follow. =) Following back now. By the way, I had a very confusing moment when I first saw your comment. I was tripping out, wondering when I commented myself, before it clicked… It’s just someone else with my name lol!

2. Sandra says:

Sounds and looks really yummy. My mouth is watering. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Lets have some fun. Take the test Your Snacks Personality and find out which of these snacks do you prefer? I have taken the test and enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

3. Sandie lee says:

Thanks for the recipe! I’m making them tonight – I was wondering what I could do with that boneless chicken =)

I’m already a follower. Thanks for stopping by SAY.

Sandie

4. Brenbren says:

Oh my goodness! My kids LOVE chicken nuggets, but being the health freak I am I would never let them have them. I know what I am going to surprise them with for dinner tonight!

5. Thanks for the recipe. I made these for my kids last night and my six year old who claims he doesn’t like chicken declared them to be “incredible.” I then have picky two year old twins, one devoured them the other refused to try… per his norm. It was only because it was something new. He’ll try it the next time he sees it and I have no doubt he’ll love them.

I will make again for sure! The only thing I’ll do differently next time is put the corn flakes through my food processor to get them to a bit finer of a texture. I think that will make the chicken even easier to coat. This time I just crushed them in a bag and it was fine, I will just try the food processor next time.

This is the third recipe of yours we have tired. All have been really good! Thanks!!

• Camille says:

I usually bake them first, then freeze them . . . that way I can even just pop them in the microwave when I need a quick meal! But I am sure that you could freeze them before cooking them too!

6. Debby says:

These were excellent! My husband declared “this is the best meal you’ve ever made” and my 4 year old son said they were “yummy in my tummy”. Thank you and I will definitely double the recipe next time to freeze some for a quick meal. I’m anxious to try more of your recipes.

7. Debbie in MS says:

I have been using a similar recipe for years but we call ours ALF Chicken. Why such a crazy name? Because our now 30 year old daughter insisted on having it every week for supper while she watched ALF on TV.

8. Mandy Lynn says:

Thank you for the quick reply I will now be making these tonight… I haven’t cooked any of your recipes that havent been a huge success so needless to say I love me some Six Sisters Stuff :)

9. Katie says:

These were OUTSTANDING. Seriously…. I think we’ll be making these weekly now, haha!! Thank you so much for sharing =) What an easy recipe with fabulous results!

• Cyd says:

Just click on the MAGIC button under the picture and then click on NUTRITION. It will give you all of the nutritional information you need. It’s our new sister site – MyRecipeMagic.com. Hope you’ll stop by and check it out.

10. Christiana says:

Yum yum yum!!!!!! The first words out of my husband’s mouth were “holy KFC!!!!” Please don’t be offended by that reaction, coming from him that’s an extremely good reaction. These are so very yummy and a million times better than anything from KFC!!!! My children loved them as well. We made a double batch and froze some, so we’ll see how they re heat. Thank you so very much for sharing!!!!!!

11. Elizabeth says:

How long do you recommend popping them in the microwave for? Are they still kind of crunchy or would it be better to bake them again if that’s what we wanted?

• Cyd says:

You could bake them or microwave them. I just microwaved them until heated through. Every oven varies and it depends on how thawed your chicken nuggets are.

12. Sherri says:

These were delicious. My hubby made them and we put them in the deep fryer and they were great. Another night I baked some to add to our salads and the toddler had nuggets to eat (she’s not into salad just yet). Thank you. I love many of your recipes. This was a good one.

• Cyd says:

Hi Amy, we prepare them and cook them. Then we freeze them in a freezer bag or an airtight container. Then just thaw and reheat on a busy night!