Easy Lemon Pull Apart Rolls

I love just about any recipe that uses pre-made bread dough! I started drooling when I found this recipe. They were so light and refreshing- perfect for breakfast for a Sunday brunch! They were a nice change from the usual pull apart or cinnamon roll.  A few of the sisters were over when I made these and we all loved them! I seriously had to avoid going into the kitchen because I would keep nibbling on them. I promise that you will love them!

Ingredients

12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
zest from 2 whole lemons
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted

Citrus Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Instructions

Mix lemon zest with sugar. Cut rolls in half and place in a 12-inch sprayed deep dish pizza pan or 9x13-inch sprayed baking pan. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over rolls. Sprinkle with lemon zest/sugar mixture, reserving 1/2 of mixture to sprinkle on just before baking. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size. Remove wrap. Sprinkle on remaining mixture. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Remove immediately from pan and place on cooling rack. Combine glaze ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over pull-aparts.

1. Mrs. Jen B says:

Ooooh I can see why you had a hard time staying away! I’m going to need to make these for myself…or maybe I shouldn’t, since I’d probably eat them for 3 out of 3 meals…plus snacks… ;)

2. GrannyG says:

Made these tonight plus a pan for a friend…..LUCIOUS…..and the lemon zest sugar….OH MY….had to make extra to put in a jar for tea. Thank you…

3. Jennifer says:

I’m going to try these with my own roll dough and see how it goes. I can be lazy, stay home and start dough in the bread machine, and still get a treat!

4. Beth says:

I’m just wondering if you can put the rolls in the fridge over night so you can bake this in the morning? I’m not a pro at using frozen dough, but this looks too yummy to pass up!!

• Cyd says:

Putting them in the fridge overnight will slow down the raising process. Be sure you leave them enough time to raise before baking.

• Cyd says:

Takes anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. A lot of times it just depends on how warm the house is. Doesn’t usually take very long.

• Cyd says:

Rhodes Rolls is just frozen roll dough balls. Found in the freezer section. You could use store brand or whatever your store carries.

• Cyd says:

They are fine to be left on the counter. Store them in a plastic bag or airtight container if not eaten soon! They don’t last long at our house!