Bread, Breakfast, Recipes

Easy Lemon Pull Apart Rolls

lemon-pull-apart-rolls

I love just about any recipe that uses pre-made bread dough! I started drooling when I found this recipe. They were so light and refreshing- perfect for breakfast for a Sunday brunch! They were a nice change from the usual pull apart or cinnamon roll.  A few of the sisters were over when I made these and we all loved them! I seriously had to avoid going into the kitchen because I would keep nibbling on them. I promise that you will love them!

Ingredients

12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
zest from 2 whole lemons
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted

Citrus Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Instructions

Mix lemon zest with sugar. Cut rolls in half and place in a 12-inch sprayed deep dish pizza pan or 9×13-inch sprayed baking pan. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over rolls. Sprinkle with lemon zest/sugar mixture, reserving 1/2 of mixture to sprinkle on just before baking. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size. Remove wrap. Sprinkle on remaining mixture. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Remove immediately from pan and place on cooling rack. Combine glaze ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over pull-aparts.

Comments

Ooooh I can see why you had a hard time staying away! I’m going to need to make these for myself…or maybe I shouldn’t, since I’d probably eat them for 3 out of 3 meals…plus snacks… ;)

Made these tonight plus a pan for a friend…..LUCIOUS…..and the lemon zest sugar….OH MY….had to make extra to put in a jar for tea. Thank you…

3. Jennifer says

I’m going to try these with my own roll dough and see how it goes. I can be lazy, stay home and start dough in the bread machine, and still get a treat!

4. Beth says

I’m just wondering if you can put the rolls in the fridge over night so you can bake this in the morning? I’m not a pro at using frozen dough, but this looks too yummy to pass up!!

• Cyd says

Putting them in the fridge overnight will slow down the raising process. Be sure you leave them enough time to raise before baking.

• Cyd says

Takes anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. A lot of times it just depends on how warm the house is. Doesn’t usually take very long.

• Cyd says

Rhodes Rolls is just frozen roll dough balls. Found in the freezer section. You could use store brand or whatever your store carries.

• Cyd says

They are fine to be left on the counter. Store them in a plastic bag or airtight container if not eaten soon! They don’t last long at our house!

• Cyd says

You cut them in 1/2 when they are thawed but still cold. They have not yet started to rise. Space them out in the pan and they will all connect together when they begin to rise and double in size. I have a pair of kitchen scissors and that works the best for snipping them in half.