Cookies and Cream Cookies

Join us on Facebook for our latest recipes!

I know that the name of these cookies is kind of redundant . . . but what else do you call them? :) If you have not noticed by now, we love Oreo's in our family and when I came across this recipe at See Jane in the Kitchen, I made them immediately. The thing that I love about these cookies is that there is a box of pudding in them, making them so soft!

My family loved them . . . and if you love Oreo's, you will too!

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 (4.2 ounce) package Cookies 'n Creme pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups white chocolate chips
15 Oreo cookies, very coarsly chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars, add pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda with a whisk then add it to the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and Oreo cookies. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven until cookies tops barely have a touch of brown. Makes 3 dozen cookies.

Linked here . . .

1. Concetta says:

These cookies look divine! I love cookies and cream anything – I cannot wait to make these!
    Thank you so much for your kind words about my Lemon Cake & Sugared Strawberries – and for featuring it this week! I love visiting the sisters every week!
    <><
    Concetta

2. Laurie H says:

omg, they use to sell these at Great American Cookie and they stopped. I have looked for a recipe for these for about 2 years. Can’t wait to make! Thanks for sharing!

3. jim says:

Help! I don´t live in the US and I don´t know where to buy cookies and cream pudding. Perhaps I can search for the recipe, but can you tell me the quantity.
    Thanks in advance.

4. Camille says:

@ Jim- Hi! I use the 4.2 ounce box of Jell-o Brand Cookies and Cream pudding mix- it’s just a dry mix, not the wet gooey pudding. :) I have been searching online for a recipe for the “dry pudding mix”, but I haven’t found anything! I am so sorry! If I ever find anything, I will let you know!

5. Rhianna says:

I made these today but with the Christmas oreos which have red frosting and they were sooo fun! They were speckled red and white, which was an absolute treat for the season :)

6. Anonymous says:

I guess I’m the minority here. I love oreo cookies and the recipe made me drool so I gave these a shot. They were good but not great or to die for. They we soft which was appealing to me but that’s all the good I can say about them. They aren’t pretty to look at either. My DH referred to them as “ashtray cookies”. Thank you for the recipe though! It was worth a try. :)

7. Anonymous says:

Would you say that these are the chewy kind of cookies or the puffy kind? I’m not a fan of cakey cookies but im not sure what to look for?

8. Camille says:

@Kandy- I am so sorry that I missed your question! To be honest, I can’t remember if it’s instant or cook and serve. I know that at my grocery store, there was only one box of cookies and cream pudding, so that is what I used. I want to say that it’s instant. Next time I am at the grocery store, I will double check!
    Have a Merry Christmas!

9. Heather says:

I’ve made these a couple times now and I think the key is to use vanilla pudding mix. It adds more sweetness that pushes them over the edge! It also helps to make them really big so they come out more chewy than crisp.

10. PRiley says:

It has been raining all weekend so I decided to make these cookies and they were delicious! Nice and fluffy. I used 1 row of Oreo cookies from the package at the advice of another commenter and they still turned out fine in my opinion! I could probably eat all of the cookies today if it keeps raining!

11. sae2117 says:

Made these yesterday but made my own changes.
    1. Used dark chocolate instead of white chocolate chips. Let’s face it, dark chocolate is just better.
    2. Used 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt. Made it creamy and healthier.
    3. Good luck finding cookies and cream pudding mix. I used cheesecake and it was awesome.

Thanks!

12. Tom Smith says:

I made these a couple of days ago and they’re delicious! I used red cream Oreos to make them more festive. They’re so rich that next time I may cut out some of the chocolate chips. Thank you for the great recipe!

13. Erin Eaton says:

I am so bummed. I was so excited to make these cookies since my friend had brought some over. I searched high and low for the pudding mix and finally found it. I mixed up the dough, put in the first bat h and realized they weren’t spreading at all. then I realize I was supposed to make the pudding mix. I’m very disappointed the directions weren’t clear with this step. I tried to salvage the dough by adding the milk after but it was a total loss. ugh

• Sara Perlman says:

No, don’t make the pudding! There are enough wet ingredients in this recipe for cookies, by adding milk you are making a batter-like texture and won’t bake/spread right.