Butterfinger Blondies

Join us on Facebook for our latest recipes!I am eternally grateful to Cookies and Cups for creating this amazing recipe!  Ever since Camille introduced me to her fabulous Cake Batter Blondies, I have been blondie crazy (Literally, crazy.  To the point where I dream about them!).  These were simple and soooooo good!

Ingredients

1 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt (or regular salt)
2 cups coarsely chopped Butterfinger Bars (approx 16 “Fun Size” bars)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°
Cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl.
Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated.
On low add your dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda) until just combined.
Stir in your chopped Butterfinger.
Spread in a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 25 minutes until center is JUST set.
Remove from oven and cool completely.

Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)

Butterfinger Buttercream:

Ingredients

1/2 cup room temp butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped Butterfinger Bars (approx 4 “Fun Size” bars)

Instructions

Cream the butter and shortening together until smooth.
Add in you powdered sugar on low speed.  Turn speed up to medium and mix until smooth
Stir in your chopped Butterfinger. (I sprinkled mine on top rather than stirring them in!)
Spread on your cooled blondies

Preparation time: 10 minute(s)

Pin It

Tip Junkie handmade projects

1. Jann Olson says:

YUM! I have never been a big fan of chocolate. Anything white, and carmely I can’t resist. These look absolutely delicious! I love the blondie at Applebees. Thanks for the recipe, I can’t wait to make them.

2. Mara says:

As if I needed another reason to adore Pinterest OR Butterfinger!! I found this through Pinterest and pinned it for our housewarming party that we had last night……oh mylanta they were delicious!! Dangerously so! I’ll have the recap of the party up on my blog later today, with a link to these if that’s alright.
    I didn’t have enough Butterfingers, but didn’t realize it until I already started making them – I had about 3/4 cup (btw: 1 full size bar = 1/2 c. chopped), and I made the rest up with Heath Toffee Bits – worked perfectly!
    Everyone *loved* them – thanks for sharing! =)

~ Mara @ Super Savings

3. Anonymous says:

Wow! Just made these bars and love them! I didn’t even do the frosting (although it sounds delicious) because they are so rich and delicious without it already!

4. Emily S. says:

Argh.. mine apparently didn’t set up after 25 minutes of baking – and I didn’t find this out until I went to put the buttercream on. :( Attempting to bake it a bit longer to see if I can recover it!

5. Anonymous says:

Made these hoping to take them as a dessert for Christmas but I just tried them and they are gross. I followed the recipe exactly but they tasted salty. I only put in 1 tsp of sea salt like the recipe called for but it was too much! I’m a fan of salty and sweet but it was over powering. Will never make again. I threw them out and now am making a batch of cookies because I have no time to make anything else. So disappointed :(

6. Hi! I found your blog and this recipe on Pintrest. I just made these for Valentine’s Day because Butterfinger is my hubby’s favorite candy! Mine came out a little too thick and the middle wasn’t done enough. but the butterfinger icing was delicious! Next time, I know to make the blondies thinner in the baking dish. But other than that my husband loved them! Thanks!

Manda

7. I made these tonight and they are super yummy! I may have overcooked them a bit though. The edges were very hard compared to the middle. And mine look thicker and maybe darker too. At 25 minutes they were jiggly, not set. I added 15 and then they were set. I used a 9×13. Did you use a bigger pan or anything? Any tips would be helpful for next time. Thanks for a great recipe!

8. Diane says:

Just made these and they are decadent! It’s like eating a crunchy butterfinger cake (my favorite candy bar). My husband loves cream cheese icing so I used 1/2 cup of that instead of the shortening for the icing. Thanks!

9. Stefanie says:

made these last night for MIL’s birthday and everyone LOVED them!!!! So easy to throw together and my brother in law said they were “the best brownies he’s ever had!” Everyone went back for seconds and we polished off the whole pan within 15 minutes. Found you guys on pinterest and LOVE your blog! so many recipes I’m dying to try!

10. Sara says:

Did you grease the pan? Or do they come out fine without? Just want them to work since I’m planning on giving most away! Thanks

11. Sara says:

They were excellent! At first hubby said don’t make the frosting, then after I did anyways he couldn’t get enough! Blondes are his new fav! Thanks!

12. sadiehill says:

I made these for the 4th of July and so far the blondie is amazingly delicious!! I had an issue with the frosting. It wasn’t in the consistency of frosting. Is there anything that I can do to make it more like a frosting next time??

• Six Sisters says:

I am so sorry your frosting didn’t work out. I haven’t had that issue, but I would just continue to add more milk or powdered sugar as needed until you reach your desired consistency.

• Rebecca says:

I would mix the butter and powdered sugar until you get that icing consistency. You can also give a splash of vanilla if you want vanilla buttercream. I left out the shortening and got that result.

13. Katie says:

I’m finally posting a comment after making these at least 20 times. They are now a favorite for all my gatherings where I have to bring something (and for just a random Sunday when I am craving them!). Making them for a party this afternoon! They are so delicious. Thanks for the great recipe!

14. These are so YUMMY!!! Our whole family loved them. I had to bake mine for 35 minutes instead of 25, but they still turned out perfect! I saw others had a little trouble with the frosting, but mine turned out great. I put my butter on the counter just before I started to make the blondie mix and by the time they came out of the oven and cooled it was the perfect temp. I am sooooo going to have to make these again.

Thanks for the great recipe!
    Miranda