Healthy Meals, Main Dish, Mexican Food, Recipes, Turkey, Weight Watchers

Bubble Up Enchiladas

I  have had this recipe from Recipe Diaries saved on my Pinterest forever and finally got around to making it.  It was SO easy!  It is also a Weight Watchers recipe, so that is even better (and my husband totally couldn’t tell)!

Nutrition  Info: Calories 390 | Fat 11.5g | Carbohydrate 36g | Fiber 2g | Protein 33g
Weight Watcher Recipes 6 points (old points)

Serves 6
Ingredients:

1 pound ground turkey
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Then you just dump it all in a greased casserole and bake for 25 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

You can make this into 6 or 8 servings.

Here are some more of our favorite main dish recipes:
Cheese Steak Crescent Braid
BBQ Cups
Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup
Sticky Sesame Chicken
Cornbread Sloppy Joe Casserole

Comments

Great recipe. I can’t roll an enchilada to save my life, so this was a fantastic way to go about it. And the tomato sauce really made it taste better than just enchi sauce alone. THANKS!

Hmmmm….just staring at the picture of this tasty-looking dish…and thinking how it would be using HOT enchilada sauce…or maybe GREEN enchilada sauce and jack cheese, omitting the tomato sauce, and adding some black olives (seems like this version would be VERY reminiscent of the enchiladas sueza my grandmother adored…

3. Js says

Recipe looks great! Has anyone tried crescent rolls work instead of biscuits? Trying to avoid a grocery stop!

4. Abigail says

I w as wondering if you could freeze this unbaked. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bake when you wanted it. Trying to stock my freezer before my third baby is born only 5 weeks to go!

• Cyd says

Hi Abigail. We have not frozen this unbaked. Just looking over the ingredients I think everything is fine to freeze. Be sure to brown your turkey first. Congrats with baby #3 on the way….really soon!
      Cyd (mom of the Six Sisters)

5. Erin says

I was just wondering if you put any cheese in the meant mixture itself or it just all goes on top?
    And what size can of refrigerator biscuits do you use?
    Thanks!

• Cyd says

We put the cheese on top, but putting it in the meat mixture would be good too! We used 16 ounces of refrigerator biscuits. 12 ounces will also work.

6. Candace says

Made this for dinner tonight and it was really good! My husband enjoyed it as well. Next time I think we will try it with shredded chicken just to mix it up. Keeping this in the book though!