Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken

I came across this recipe at Sweet Pea Recipes and knew that I had to try it. I love my slow cooker and I love lemon anything, so this seemed like a perfect match! The sauce made this dish- it is creamy and unique and my entire family loved it- my 2 year old had thirds. :)

LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN

1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 T. butter
1/4 c. water
3 T. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (I didn't have fresh parsley, so I just used dried and it worked perfectly)
1 package cream cheese (you can use 1/3 less fat or fat free)

1. In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.

2. In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.

3. Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.

4. About 15 minutes before you're ready to serve, remove the chicken and place on a serving platter. Add the cream to cheese to the juice in the crockpot, and whisk until smooth.

Ladle the sauce over rice or pasta, then place your chicken on top!

Linking to these parties . . .

1. Kelly says:

Yum! I make one Crock Pot meal each week to be ready when we get home from church on Sundays. This immediately went on my list for this coming week, I’ll let you know how it turns out! Thanks!

2. Anonymous says:

I actually made that lemon garlic chicken last night. Found it on allrecipes.com. I tripled the sauce though and added potato chunks and baby carrots for a full meal. It came out GREAT!!

3. Joni says:

These recipes look delicious! Thank you for sharing, and what a wonderful way to keep in close contact with your sisters!! I did the same thing for my mother and sisters, and daughters, and cousins, etc… If you’d like to see some of our recipes, please feel free to check it out. We are at http://www.coalsonscook.blogspot.com – looking forward to trying some of your recipes! :)

4. Rebekah says:

This was SO good! I made a few changes…I used chicken stock instead of water and bouillon granules. I doubled the garlic and added some chopped onion. I put lemon zest in for the whole cook time and added the lemon juice at the very end. I also added a little srarcha sauce for heat – delicious!

5. Whit says:

Made this for guests and it was really tasty! I made a few changes as well, more lemon juice, lemon zest and additional chicken stock. 1/4 cup water didn’t seem like enough to make the sauce…which was the best part!

6. This was so good! Thanks for this yummy recipe. We didn’t have cream cheese so I used skinny cow but it wasn’t breaking up or creaming together so I added Cream of chicken it and everyone loved it! I love lemon Garlic chicken thanks!

7. This recipe is incredible! I only used a half package of the cream cheese and served it over quinoa (1 cup WELL RINSED regular quinoa cooked in 2 cups low sodium chicken broth in a rice cooker) it was absolutely perfect. It tasted like junk food but it was quite healthy! Thank you for sharing this recipe.

8. Kayleigh says:

I made this last night and served it over rice. It was really good, but my cream cheese didn’t melt into the liquid! I’m not sure if it’s just my crock pot or what, but it’s really frustrating. Any ideas?

• skye says:

Kayleigh – I have a suggestion – I just made this too and it’s one of our favorites! My cream cheese melted – but I left it out to get to room temp first – so it was pretty soft when I put it in. You could also try removing the liquid from the crock pot and put it in a sauce pan on the stove with the cream cheese – the sauce MAKES this dish! ;)