Recipes

Samoa Brownies

I found this recipe at Recording Moments and finally got around to making them! My husband loved them and they were so easy!

1 brownie mix
3 1/2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
(2) 14 oz. package of caramels, unwrapped
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. milk
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate

Prepare brownie mix according to box directions and cool.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place coconut on baking pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir coconut and cook for another 2-3 minutes until toasted. Watch closely so it doesn’t burn.

In a large, microwaveable bowl, add unwrapped caramels, salt, and milk and cook on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally (about every 45-60 seconds). Cook until all caramels are melted and smooth.

Add coconut and mix together. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight. Remove at least 1 hour from the fridge before cutting. Cut into bars and drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate. Let chocolate set and enjoy. store in fridge, but remove 20-30 minutes before serving as the caramel will be hard.

Linking to these parties!

Tip  Junkie handmade projects
Tidy Mom

Comments

Oh my goodness! I love Samoas and those brownies look so easy. I’ve seen recipes for Samoa type cookies, that looked yummy but they had too many steps for me! ;) I can handle this one. Thank you!!!

• says

I just made these today for the first time and haven’t tried one yet. However, in the recipe it would have been beneficial if they said which SIZE to make on the brownie box. They always give you size options. I went for the 13 x 9 and had to guess. Been trying more Pinterest recipes and it seems like the person posting is leaving something out, one was the time you baked something. Please proof your recipe before posting. Thank you.

WOW – WOW – WOW! I MUST save this recipe! Looks GREAT! (Thanks for linky up to THIS WEEK’S CRAVING, but this week is Blueberry ONLY recipes!) Please come back and link up something blueberry! Thanks a million!

I made these today to give away, they were the best brownies I have ever had. So thankful I stumbled onto this recipe. I will be following your blog from now one.

Ok so I went ahead and made these (only without the melted chocolate bc I was a little rushed for time) and they were SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD. Oh sweet baby ruth (or should I say sweet baby samoa), it was pure heaven. Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

Delicious! Made these last night for dinner with friends…couldn’t wait til they cooled or chilled – we ate them warm and loved them! I was nervous about melting the caramel…I don’t usually have good luck with it, but it came out great (although in a pinch I think you could maybe use the jarred stuff for sundaes?!?) Thank you for such a fun treat!

These look amazing! I love Samoas and refuse to call them by their new name… Anyways these are cooling right now and I’m psyched to try them. However I am less psyched to clean up this delicious caramel coconut mess! Any suggestions?

Found these on Pinterest & made them today. My DH is a HUGE Samoa fan!! He LOVED them! Will be making them often, I’m sure! i don’t like coconut so I didn’t try them. With 3 boys, i expect the pan to be gone in less than 24 hrs;) Thanks for a great recipe!

I made these a few days ago and they are so good! Honestly, they don’t really taste like a samoa cookie, but none-the-less, they are delicious!

I brought some of these to our National Night Out block party last night and they were gobbled up! This is definitely a great recipe. Have a glass of milk nearby, they are quite rich :)

9. Sarah says

These are so beautiful! I love the idea of combo of shredded coconut and chocolate! eatured u in the post of Do You Want Seven Alluring Brownies Recipes for Fathers on AllFreshRecipes, I’ll pay close attention to ur refreshing recipes!

10. Haley says

Made these today, refrigerating at the moment! They look like they are going to be soo so good though! One question, I ended up with way too much of coconut/caramel mixture, any suggestions for what I could do with the rest of it?