I found this recipe at Recording Moments and finally got around to making them! My husband loved them and they were so easy!
Author: Six Sisters Stuff
Recipe type: Dessert
These samoa brownies are really easy to throw together but they taste AMAZING!
- 1 brownie mix
- 3½ cups shredded coconut, toasted
- (2) 14 oz. package of caramels, unwrapped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- Prepare brownie mix according to box directions and cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place coconut on baking pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir coconut and cook for another 2-3 minutes until toasted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- In a large, microwaveable bowl, add unwrapped caramels, salt, and milk and cook on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally (about every 45-60 seconds). Cook until all caramels are melted and smooth.
- Add coconut and mix together. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight. Remove at least 1 hour from the fridge before cutting. Cut into bars and drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate. Let chocolate set and enjoy. Store in fridge, but remove 20-30 minutes before serving as the caramel will be hard.
Equipment needed for this recipe: