Samoa Brownies

I found this recipe at Recording Moments and finally got around to making them! My husband loved them and they were so easy!

1 brownie mix
3 1/2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
(2) 14 oz. package of caramels, unwrapped
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. milk
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate

Prepare brownie mix according to box directions and cool.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place coconut on baking pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir coconut and cook for another 2-3 minutes until toasted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.

In a large, microwaveable bowl, add unwrapped caramels, salt, and milk and cook on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally (about every 45-60 seconds). Cook until all caramels are melted and smooth.

Add coconut and mix together. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight. Remove at least 1 hour from the fridge before cutting. Cut into bars and drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate. Let chocolate set and enjoy. store in fridge, but remove 20-30 minutes before serving as the caramel will be hard.

Linking to these parties!

Tip  Junkie handmade projects
Tidy Mom
  1. Laura says:

Oh my goodness! I love Samoas and those brownies look so easy. I’ve seen recipes for Samoa type cookies, that looked yummy but they had too many steps for me! ;) I can handle this one. Thank you!!!

2. WOW – WOW – WOW! I MUST save this recipe! Looks GREAT! (Thanks for linky up to THIS WEEK’S CRAVING, but this week is Blueberry ONLY recipes!) Please come back and link up something blueberry! Thanks a million!

3. Tara Gunn says:

I made these today to give away, they were the best brownies I have ever had. So thankful I stumbled onto this recipe. I will be following your blog from now one.

4. Ok so I went ahead and made these (only without the melted chocolate bc I was a little rushed for time) and they were SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD. Oh sweet baby ruth (or should I say sweet baby samoa), it was pure heaven. Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

5. Candice says:

Delicious! Made these last night for dinner with friends…couldn’t wait til they cooled or chilled – we ate them warm and loved them! I was nervous about melting the caramel…I don’t usually have good luck with it, but it came out great (although in a pinch I think you could maybe use the jarred stuff for sundaes?!?) Thank you for such a fun treat!

6. Karyn & Ed says:

These look amazing! I love Samoas and refuse to call them by their new name… Anyways these are cooling right now and I’m psyched to try them. However I am less psyched to clean up this delicious caramel coconut mess! Any suggestions?

7. Lynde Foy says:

Found these on Pinterest & made them today. My DH is a HUGE Samoa fan!! He LOVED them! Will be making them often, I’m sure! i don’t like coconut so I didn’t try them. With 3 boys, i expect the pan to be gone in less than 24 hrs;) Thanks for a great recipe!

8. beckyh says:

I made these a few days ago and they are so good! Honestly, they don’t really taste like a samoa cookie, but none-the-less, they are delicious!

I brought some of these to our National Night Out block party last night and they were gobbled up! This is definitely a great recipe. Have a glass of milk nearby, they are quite rich :)

9. Sarah says:

These are so beautiful! I love the idea of combo of shredded coconut and chocolate! eatured u in the post of Do You Want Seven Alluring Brownies Recipes for Fathers on AllFreshRecipes, I’ll pay close attention to ur refreshing recipes!

10. Haley says:

Made these today, refrigerating at the moment! They look like they are going to be soo so good though! One question, I ended up with way too much of coconut/caramel mixture, any suggestions for what I could do with the rest of it?