- 1 pkg. Devil's Food Cake (you could use your own chocolate cake recipe, but we're all about quick and easy!)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 bag mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Prepare cake as directed on box using two 9" cake pans. Let cool.
- Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work.
- Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
- To assemble the cake, place one cake layer on the serving plate.
- Spread peanut butter frosting on top of the cake layer. (If desired, sprinkle with chopped Reese’s cups.)
- Place the second cake layer on top of the frosting. Frost the top and outside of the cake with remaining peanut butter frosting.
- Decorate with halved and chopped Reese’s cups as desired.
Equipment needed for this recipe:
Our first cookbook is filled with some of our favorite family recipes!
For only $16, it makes a great gift! Get it HERE!