- 1½ lbs bonesless, skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or tenderloins (whatever you prefer)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce (low sodium is fine)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I promise this doesn't make it too hot- it just adds the tiniest kick and lots of flavor!)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Sesame seeds
- Steamed broccoli
- Cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and spread out in a single layer in a 7x11" pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (you could also use a 9x9" baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, water, onion powder, garlic, and ground ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and whisk in lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Cover pan with foil and bake for about 35 minutes, stirring halfway through to make sure chicken is evenly covered with sauce.
- When finished cooking, drain some of the leftover juices into a saucepan. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and heat up juices to make a sauce. If desired, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch to the juices to make a thicker sauce (completely optional, but I love when the sauce is a little thicker).
- Add steamed broccoli to chicken in the pan and mix gently.
- Put chicken/broccoli mixture over cooked rice and drizzle thickened sauce over the top. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- (This also works great with pork!!)
We are so excited to announce the release of our new eCookbook:
The Best Freezer Meals from Six Sisters’ Stuff!
Inside you will find 75 of our Tried-and-True Freezer Meal Recipes that our families have loved . . . with easy instructions and tips to help make meal planning and prep a breeze.
Get this ebook for only $4.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.