Hot and Sweet Chicken

I found this recipe from the Pioneer Woman Cooks.  We eat a lot of chicken around here and really liked this.  I have tried it with drumsticks before, but used chicken tenderloin this time and liked it a lot more (not a big fan of chicken skin!).  This was so easy and delicious! Definitely a keeper!

1 cup Apricot Preserves
½ cups Ketchup
¼ cups Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
2 teaspoons Hot Pepper Sauce
3 pounds Drumsticks (about 12) or Chicken Tenderloins

Preheat oven to 350F.
In a small saucepan, combine preserves, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted.
Arrange chicken in a single layer on a 13 x 9″ baking pan. Pour sauce over drumsticks, turning to coat. Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done, spooning sauce over drumsticks while baking. Serves 6.

1. HOUSEWIFED says:

Are there any good alternative for the apricot preserve??? This sounds really yummy and I have all of the ingredients except for that :( Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe!

2. Six Sisters says:

Hi Shawn!

I have never tried it in the crock pot, but I am sure you could cook it on high for about 4 hours or low for 6 and it would work. Let us know how it goes if you try it!

3. Sally JoJo says:

Had this for dinner and loved it! Made 1/2 the sauce and used 6 skinless chicken thighs. Served with brown rice and steamed snow peas. Thanks for sharing :)

4. marcela bowman says:

This sounds soooo good. I don’t happen to have apricot preserves on hand But I do have razzleberry preserves, fig preserves, orange preserves and blackberry preserves …what do you think would be best??

5. Lindsay Van Boom says:

Loved this recipe! Quick and Easy and all four of my BOYs asked me to make it AGAIN! Its going on the regular dinner menu rotations! woot! Thanks ladies!

6. gigi p says:

My picky son said I don’t know what you made but it’s really good. I also made some steam corn from a can and they loved it. So yes thanks for sharing.