Baked Chicken Chimichangas with Green Sauce Recipe:
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 5 pitted green olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken meat
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
-Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chiles, olives, jalapeno, and lime juice. Puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan, and warm over medium-low heat while proceeding with the recipe.
-Place all chimichangas in a 9×13 glass pan, sprayed with non-stick spray. Brush all sides of each chimichanga with a small amount of olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, pull pan out and turn over each chimichanga. Bake for 15 minutes more.
-To serve, place a chimichanga on a plate, and ladle the warm sauce overtop. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and green onions. Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
Linking up to these parties . . .