Mini Snickers Caramel Cheesecakes

My sister, Camille, found this recipe here and after one look at those babies, I knew we would have to make them! They were AMAZING!
2 c. chopped Snickers Bars
2 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbl. granulated sugar
5 Tbl. melted butter
2 8oz packages softened cream cheese
1 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbl. pure vanilla
3 Tbl. caramel sauce
**The original recipe suggests making these in a  muffin top pan, but I used a regular muffin tin pan and they worked fine!  If you are using a regular muffin tin, use a little bit less than 1/4 c. when you are pouring the filling into each tin so they don't overflow.**

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place chopped Snickers Bars into a bowl, set aside for now. Place graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter into a mixing bowl to combine. Spoon a couple spoonfuls of crumbs into each section of the muffin pan and press down and up the sides. Bake for 5-6 minutes or just until browned. Remove from oven.
In a stand or electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined, scraping sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in caramel sauce until well combined. Pour about 1/4 c. of cheesecake mixture over each baked crust then top evenly with chopped Snickers. Bake for 23-26 minutes or until cheesecake edges are just starting to brown and centers are nearly set. Remove and let cool completely. While still warm, loosen all edges with a plastic knife to make for easier removal from pan. Refrigerate once cooled then top with caramel sauce and whipped cream to serve!

12 individual cheesecakes

Linking to these great parties!

1. Thanks for linking to Bacon Time. I will have to delet it though because you have it in the give away ongoing linky on the right. I just posted the Party Mindie Style, if you want to re link I would love it.

2. Kirsten says:

OH.MY.GOD. These look so good. Anything with caramel in it is good in my book so these definitely made it on my “must try” list. Can’t wait to sink my teeth into one! Thanks for sharing.

3. noahla.purdy says:

Hi I made these today. They were delish!!! I didn’t quite find the proportions right though. I had way too much of the crumb mixture and the batter overflowed from the cupcake tins. No worry’s though! I will make them again. I will just make less crumbs and not fill the tins so high. Thanks so much for this recipe!! It was a big hit at my labor day get together!!
    I don’t have a blog, but I do have a website. I would love it if you would come check it out!!!!!
    sugarplumdesignsonline.com

4. Anonymous says:

I made these and they were definitely tasty but were a pain in the butt. There was way too much crumbs and when they were done they were so messy and hard to get out. The crumbs went everywhere and they were falling apart. It seems as though there should be something else with the crumbs that would help them stick to the sides more. The crumbs were too dry and crumbled right off. Nonetheless, they were tasty! There was a lot of batter left over so I decided to just make cheesecake cupcakes out of it. Minus the graham cracker crumbs ;-)

• CherylO says:

I had the same problem. The proportions aren’t right. There is no way you need 2 1/2 cups of crumbs. I was able to fill a muffin pan, plus an 8×8 with the extra crumbs and cream cheese filling. I think the reason we had problems with the crumbs falling apart, is that we needed to use more butter for the amount of crumbs. These didn’t taste as good as they looked…IMO! :)

5. Candace says:

I cant wait to try these! They look awesome! I am a huge fan of your blog. Check my blog out if you get the oppurtunity! It’s candysconfection.blogspot.com I’m just starting out!

6. Hollye says:

I agree with a couple of the other posters. It’s like the crust mixture needs more butter or something. It was very crumbly and did not stay together when you took them out of the pan. I also had a lot of both the crust and the cheesecake mixture left over. Probably won’t make again.

7. These cheesecakes are made for me – truly they are. I am a big fan of snickers bars and can eat caramel cheesecakes all day :D
    Especially such cute minis! Thanks!
    Too happy to have found your blog :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Choc Truffle Chunk Muffins + Surprise Choc Cookies

8. For those of you having trouble with the mess do you think they would work in the metal liners for muffins. I have a cookie exchange every Christmas and thought I would try these. Every year whatever I make gets stolen by someone the next year so I always have to come up with new ones these look delish and would they work in a mini muffin pans or not. Just curious as I need 3 doz. of 3 different kinds lol.

9. LoriPiep says:

I don’t always have the patience for muffins, so I made these in a 9×13 pan and cut them into bars….they were AMAZING! I didn’t modify the recipe at all. Next time I might add a little more butter to the crust so it will press into the pan better. Thanks for the recipe!!!!!

10. Chelsea says:

I echo the above..the portions are not at all right. I probably wasted enough ingredients to make another 12. I’d say these portions would make 24 not 12..boo.

11. Heather says:

These do not turn out at alllll! Disappointed! The measurements are totally off, the graham cracker crust did not form and stick to the base of the cupcake what so ever, I had no crust once there were done baking:( Won’t make again, for the price of ingredients and time, not worth it.

12. Sarah says:

I just made these! I made a few adjustments based our above recommendations, and the cheesecakes turned great, and tasted WONDERFUL! First: I lined my muffin pan with aluminum cupcake liners. I would recommend aluminum over paper because they are easier to get out of the pan after baking! Second, I used 1 and 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs instead of 2.5 cups and used a whole stick of butter (which is 8tbsp I believe) instead of 5. As noted in above comments, you will have more than enough supplies for 12, my batch made 18 (the more the merrier!). Also be aware that as they bake (for 24 mins) the will rise above the top of the liner, but they will sink back down towards the end of baking and more during cooling. If caramel gets baked to the pan, just take a knife along the edges right after removal from the oven!