So it was my birthday this past week and this is Easy Black Forest Cake is what I usually request for my birthday. My mom has been making it for as long as I remember and it seriously is so simple to make!
- 1 Devil's Food cake mix (I used 15.25 ounces Betty Crocker cake mix)
- water, eggs, and oil called for in cake mix directions
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip
- -Your favorite pie filling*
- Spray 2 8" or 9" pans with non-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake mix with water, eggs and vegetable oil called for on cake mix directions. Split batter evenly between both pans and bake, following directions on back of cake mix box. Let cakes cool completely and remove from pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Divide evenly and spread half of whipped cream mixture over each cake.
- Top each cake with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate cakes until ready to serve.
Check out all three of our cookbooks here:
Here are more delicious cake recipes:
Boston Cream Poke Cake
No Bake Eclair Cake
Chocolate Oreo Cookie Cake
Hot Fudge Sundae Ice Cream Cake
One Bowl Chocolate Cake