Throw this together in 10 minutes, let it sit overnight, and then enjoy a delicious hot breakfast in the morning!
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 loaf Texas Toast bread or other thick sliced bread (I just bought French bread and cut into thick slices)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture onto large, greased jelly roll pan (18x13x1"). Spread around to cover surface.
- Place 12 slices of bread in a single layer to cover pan.
- Mix together eggs, cream, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Spoon mixture over each piece of bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan and serve.
If not serving immediately, turn each slice of bread over (this will prevent bread from sticking to the bottom of the pan). Serve with syrup or berries and whipped cream (both ways are yummy!).
Equipment needed for this recipe: