OH. MY. GOODNESS. This is seriously the best french toast I have ever had. It melts in your mouth. It takes about 10 minutes to throw together, sits in your fridge over night, and then throw it in the oven when you wake up. DELICIOUS and SO EASY!
Creme Brulee French Toast
Author: Six Sisters Stuff
Recipe type: Breakfast
Throw this together in 10 minutes, let it sit overnight, and then enjoy a delicious hot breakfast in the morning!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 loaf Texas Toast bread or other thick sliced bread (I just bought French bread and cut into thick slices)
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cups half-and-half cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture onto large, greased jelly roll pan (18x13x1"). Spread around to cover surface.
- Place 12 slices of bread in a single layer to cover pan.
- Mix together eggs, cream, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Spoon mixture over each piece of bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan and serve.
If not serving immediately, turn each slice of bread over (this will prevent bread from sticking to the bottom of the pan). Serve with syrup or berries and whipped cream (both ways are yummy!).
Equipment needed for this recipe: