Recipes

Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs

Double the meat = a dream come true for Jared. :) I usually am not a big fan of bacon, but this was awesome! The chicken/bacon combo was so yummy. We will definitely be making this a couple of times this summer!

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp oil
2 green onions, minced
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
1/2 lb sliced cut bacon, cut in half (we used turkey bacon and it was awesome)
Assorted veggies (we used green pepper, pineapple, and onion)
Skewers

In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, oil and green onions. Place chicken and veggies into the mixture, stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge at least one hour (the more time, the better the flavor!). Preheat grill on high heat. Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Skewer the veggies also (I did the meat and veggies separate because they cook at different speeds). Arrange skewers on the grill. Cook 15-20 minutes, brushing occasionally with the remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and juices are clear.

Linking to these parties . . .

Comments

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now following you :) I’m going to be trying out some of your recipes! So yummy and easy, too! Have a good one!

Yummy Yummy!!! Thanks for recipe! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me! I am out returning the favor and now following you!!

Happy blogging!

oh my first off- how can you not be a big fan of bacon?!?!?! haha…. thanks for stopping by my blog. you’ve got some good stuff here- i am following too ;) have a great day!

Yummy perfect summer food. Thank you so much for entering the giveaway and yes your entry counts about the votes as long as you do it through your six sister stuff page and it would be awesome if all of you girls would do it through your personal facebook pages thanks so much. Also I saw that you are a follower of my moms blog now and you added to her linky party! She is Organize and DEcorate everything Shes talented huh?!

Wait!! Did you must so your not a fan of bacon! WHAT??? What planet are you from!? Totally kidding! But BACON….oh I just LOVE THAT STUFF!! This looks SO yummy!! Next time…do the same thing but throw in a dab of cream cheese! OH it’s heaven!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!! I’m following you back! :)

I’ve been wanting to try BBQ Chicken Pizza, what a nice surprise to find one here. Thanks for following my blog, I’m your newest follower now!