- Posted on
- 10 Comments
This is quick to make and cooks in your slow cooker all day . . . and it has a great spicy kick to it!
- 2 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.), peeled and cut into chunks (3 1/3 cups)
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen sweet corn
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks (1 cup)
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12.5 oz.) jar salsa
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, halved (about 1 lb.)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 10.5 oz.)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 (6 inch) fresh corn tortillas, cut into strips
1. Place potatoes, corn, celery, carrots, onion and garlic in slow cooker. Stir in salsa, salt, cumin, chile powder and pepper. Distribute chicken evenly on top of vegetables and pour chicken broth over chicken. Cover slow cooker and cook stew on high for 4 hours.
2. Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks into bite-size chunks; return to slow cooker. Mix tortilla strips into stew. Serve warm.
I topped it with cheese, avacado, and cilantro and it was awesome!