This is one of our favorite go-to recipes . . . and it is so fast and easy. We probably have it at least 2-3 times a month.
- 4-6 chicken breasts (I usually use frozen chicken breasts)
- One bottle of your favorite teriyaki sauce (we love Kikkoman Teriyaki with the sesame seeds in it- it is so flavorful and good! Make sure that you use sauce and not a marinade.)
- A bag of frozen stir-fry veggies
- Rice (brown or white works)
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place your chicken in the crock pot. Pour the teriyaki sauce all over it (I use about ½-3/4 of the bottle). Cook for about 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low (you want to make sure it is cooked, but don't over cook it or the chicken will be dry). You could also use chicken thighs if you wanted to.
- About 10 minutes before you eat, stir-fry the veggies on your stove top (or even your microwave if you want!). I have thrown my veggies into the crock pot to cook with the chicken before, but I don't like it as much that way because they tend to get mushy.
- Put some rice in a bowl, put veggies on next, then throw your chicken on top. If you need extra sauce to put on top, you can use what is in the crock pot or what is leftover in your teriyaki bottle.
Equipment needed for this recipe:
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite slow cooker recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!