Teriyaki Chicken and Stir Fry Veggies

I LOVE my crockpot. No, love is an understatement. I don't know how I would survive without it! I seriously love being able to throw a couple things in my crockpot in the morning and have it all ready to go right around dinner.
This is one of our favorite go-to recipes . . . and it is so fast and easy. We probably have it at least 2-3 times a month.

Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken and Stir Fry Vegetables
Ingredients:
-4-6 chicken breasts (I usually use frozen breasts)
-One bottle of your favorite teriyaki sauce (we love Kikkoman Teriyaki with the sesame seeds in it- it is so flavorful and good! Make sure that you use sauce and not a marinade.)
-A bag of frozen stir-fry veggies
-Rice (brown or white works)

Spray your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place your chicken in the crock pot. Pour the teriyaki sauce all over it (I use about 1/2-3/4 of the bottle). Cook for about 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low (you want to make sure it is cooked, but don't over cook it or the chicken will be dry). You could also use chicken thighs if you wanted to.
About 10 minutes before you eat, stir-fry the veggies on your stove top (or even your microwave if you want!). I have thrown my veggies into the crock pot to cook with the chicken before, but I don't like it as much that way because they tend to get mushy.
Put some rice in a bowl, put veggies on next, then throw your chicken on top. If you need extra sauce to put on top, you can use what is in the crock pot or what is leftover in your teriyaki bottle.

Looking for more easy slow cooker recipes?
Check these out:

1. Sarahdeee23 says:

Do you ever use frozen chicken breasts? And if you do… do you throw them in the crock pot still frozen? I’m young and just learning about cooking lol. This is probably a stupid question!

• Camille says:

Not a stupid question at all!! I use frozen chicken breasts in my crock pot all the time. I have heard something people say that you shouldn’t, but I have never had a problem! If you are new to cooking, this is the perfect recipe to start with! You can’t mess it up at all! :)
      Let us know if you have any other questions!

2. Sarahdeee23 says:

3. Kayla K says:

The only problem with frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot is that bacteria is more likely to grow than if the chicken is defrosted because of the low temperatures and the extra time it takes to cook it from frozen. It’s not incredibly common just be aware that it can lead to food poisoning!

4. Unknown says:

Start it on high…sauce first, then chicken…get it hot then turn it down to medium after adding veggies…..cook, then turn down to low until dinnertime.
    common sense!

5. Megan Thomas says:

I have alwasy used frozen, but this time they are thawed! Is the timing the same for the thawed chicken breasts?

• Cyd says:

Hi Megan, If your chicken is thawed it will not take as long to cook. Watch is closely. You may be able to cut an hour off of your cooking time. But be sure to make sure the chicken is done.

• Cyd says:

We did not put the rice in the crock pot. We cooked it separately and added the chicken and stir fry veggies on top.

6. Jeni Lynch says:

Excellent recipes. However, I do thaw my chicken, in the refrigerator the night before. Bacteria does grow quickly with poultry. Just Beware!