AMAZING Pork Chop Marinade

My mom gave me this recipe years ago (I think that she found it in the newspaper) and it is my favorite! I usually have all the ingredients on hand, so it's super easy to throw together. I have never had such a delicious and tender grilled pork chop before I tried this recipe!

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 T vegetable oil
2 T green onion
1 t curry powder

Mix all ingredients together. Add 4-6 pork chops (I usually place the marinade and meat together in a ziploc bag, then put the bag into a bowl). Marinate in the fridge for 6-8 hours (or even overnight). Grill and enjoy!

• Camille says:

I just buy regular pork chops from the grocery store . . . nothing fancy! I think that the secret is the marinade . . . this marinade keeps them so tender and moist!

• Camille says:

I struggle with baking pork chops and not having them dry out. I have only ever tried this as a marinade and then grilled them and I am not sure it would work if you baked them in an oven. Sorry about that!

1. Erin says:

The best way to prepare pork chops to keep them from drying out is either grilling them. Or you take a cast iron skillet. Heat it to medium high with some oil. Let the pork chop sear 1-2 min each side so they have a nice crust. Then throw them in a 350F oven for 5 min on each side. Perfect chops every time. :)

2. I broil my pork chops…electric oven. Broil on high, lower rack to start for 6 minutes on each side then move to top rack and 3 minutes on each side. Make a foil snake to hold oven door slightly open. Perfect every time. I adapted Alton Browns broiler steak recipe. I am sure it would work with this recipe. These sound delicious. Going to try them tonight!

3. Darci Buhl says:

I just put this together for dinner tonight and was wondering what you serve it with typically? It seems like more of an asian marinade than I was expecting so I’m not sure! So tasty though….can’t wait to eat them!

• Cyd says:

We only have Heinz or store brand at our local grocery store. Any kind or flavor will work. You can adjust it to your liking.

4. Kayleigh says:

We had this for dinner last night and it was super good! Except a little spicy for the kids… Next time I’ll just add less chili sauce, but I’m definitely keeping this recipe!

5. Julie says:

I just made these tonight. The pork chops were so good! I cooked them on a George Forman for 3 minutes, flipped them, and cooked them for another 2 minutes. They came out perfectly.

• Cyd says:

Not sure what the difference is between curry powder and red curry powder, so we aren’t sure. May alter the taste slightly. But with 1 teaspoon it shouldn’t be much.