AMAZING Pork Chop Marinade

My mom gave me this recipe years ago (I think that she found it in the newspaper) and it is my favorite! I usually have all the ingredients on hand, so it’s super easy to throw together. I have never had such a delicious and tender grilled pork chop before I tried this recipe!

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 T vegetable oil
2 T green onion
1 t curry powder

Mix all ingredients together. Add 4-6 pork chops (I usually place the marinade and meat together in a ziploc bag, then put the bag into a bowl). Marinate in the fridge for 6-8 hours (or even overnight). Grill and enjoy!

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

28 Comments

• Cindy says

I brine pork before grilling. 1/4 c salt, 1/4 c sugar, 4 c water. About 3 hours works. The brine opens up the meat so it can absorb more liquid when you marinade. I brine 3 hours, marinade (this is my favorite by the way!!) overnight and don’t overcook on the grill. Heavenly!!

• says

I struggle with baking pork chops and not having them dry out. I have only ever tried this as a marinade and then grilled them and I am not sure it would work if you baked them in an oven. Sorry about that!

The best way to prepare pork chops to keep them from drying out is either grilling them. Or you take a cast iron skillet. Heat it to medium high with some oil. Let the pork chop sear 1-2 min each side so they have a nice crust. Then throw them in a 350F oven for 5 min on each side. Perfect chops every time. :)

I broil my pork chops…electric oven. Broil on high, lower rack to start for 6 minutes on each side then move to top rack and 3 minutes on each side. Make a foil snake to hold oven door slightly open. Perfect every time. I adapted Alton Browns broiler steak recipe. I am sure it would work with this recipe. These sound delicious. Going to try them tonight!

I just put this together for dinner tonight and was wondering what you serve it with typically? It seems like more of an asian marinade than I was expecting so I’m not sure! So tasty though….can’t wait to eat them!

4. Kayleigh says

We had this for dinner last night and it was super good! Except a little spicy for the kids… Next time I’ll just add less chili sauce, but I’m definitely keeping this recipe!

5. Linda Mikunda says

I try all your recipes and love them ! but would love to know about the pork chop marinade — can you use either diced onions or onion powder instead of green onions in recipe ? sometimes they are harder to have on hand !

• Cyd says

Hi Linda, Diced onions or onion powder will work just fine! You are like us, seems like I only have green onions on hand when I know I’ll need them in a recipe. But I always have a yellow onion or onion powder! You will be just fine. Just adds a little flavor!