Recipes

AMAZING Pork Chop Marinade

The+Best+Pork+Chop+Marinade[1]

My mom gave me this recipe years ago (I think that she found it in the newspaper) and it is my favorite! I usually have all the ingredients on hand, so it’s super easy to throw together. I have never had such a delicious and tender grilled pork chop before I tried this recipe!

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 T vegetable oil
2 T green onion
1 t curry powder

Mix all ingredients together. Add 4-6 pork chops (I usually place the marinade and meat together in a ziploc bag, then put the bag into a bowl). Marinate in the fridge for 6-8 hours (or even overnight). Grill and enjoy!

Comments

• says

I just buy regular pork chops from the grocery store . . . nothing fancy! I think that the secret is the marinade . . . this marinade keeps them so tender and moist!

• says

I struggle with baking pork chops and not having them dry out. I have only ever tried this as a marinade and then grilled them and I am not sure it would work if you baked them in an oven. Sorry about that!

The best way to prepare pork chops to keep them from drying out is either grilling them. Or you take a cast iron skillet. Heat it to medium high with some oil. Let the pork chop sear 1-2 min each side so they have a nice crust. Then throw them in a 350F oven for 5 min on each side. Perfect chops every time. :)

I broil my pork chops…electric oven. Broil on high, lower rack to start for 6 minutes on each side then move to top rack and 3 minutes on each side. Make a foil snake to hold oven door slightly open. Perfect every time. I adapted Alton Browns broiler steak recipe. I am sure it would work with this recipe. These sound delicious. Going to try them tonight!

I just put this together for dinner tonight and was wondering what you serve it with typically? It seems like more of an asian marinade than I was expecting so I’m not sure! So tasty though….can’t wait to eat them!

• Cyd says

We only have Heinz or store brand at our local grocery store. Any kind or flavor will work. You can adjust it to your liking.

4. Kayleigh says

We had this for dinner last night and it was super good! Except a little spicy for the kids… Next time I’ll just add less chili sauce, but I’m definitely keeping this recipe!

5. Julie says

I just made these tonight. The pork chops were so good! I cooked them on a George Forman for 3 minutes, flipped them, and cooked them for another 2 minutes. They came out perfectly.

• Cyd says

Not sure what the difference is between curry powder and red curry powder, so we aren’t sure. May alter the taste slightly. But with 1 teaspoon it shouldn’t be much.

6. Linda Mikunda says

I try all your recipes and love them ! but would love to know about the pork chop marinade — can you use either diced onions or onion powder instead of green onions in recipe ? sometimes they are harder to have on hand !

• Cyd says

Hi Linda, Diced onions or onion powder will work just fine! You are like us, seems like I only have green onions on hand when I know I’ll need them in a recipe. But I always have a yellow onion or onion powder! You will be just fine. Just adds a little flavor!