EASY Slowcooker Creamy Potato Bacon Soup

Well, that is the longest name for a soup EVER!  But I was busy doing a bunch of stuff today and decided to just throw a little somethin' in the crock pot, raise some Rhode's Rolls and not have to worry about doing anything else for dinner!  I found some random ingredients I had around and it actually was really good!

6-8 slices cooked bacon, diced
3 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup corn
1 pkg. Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup
8 cups warm water
Salt & Pepper to taste

Pour water into crock pot and whisk in soup mix.  Add bacon, potatoes and corn.  Cook on High for 4-5 hours, or Low for 6-8!

I guess this isn't really a "recipe," but rather a dinner idea.  I have had the Creamy Potato Soup before without anything in it and I had to choke it down so this was sooo much better for my picky taste!

1. 4A 1C says:

What is this 1 pkg. Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup? Is it a dry package or a can of soup? Always on the look-out for a good potato soup. Especially now that it’s FINALLY getting cold.

2. Six Sisters says:

@4A 1C,

Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup is on the soup aisle and comes in a green package, not a can. I’ve seen it in Utah and California but I’m not sure if it is in every state.

• Jo Fisher says:

It’s available in Northern Indiana. I add to it as well and have also used the Broccoli mix but added a pkg of broccoli, onion and cheese to it! I found it at Walmart!

3. Chef' Bob says:

I want to try this one but I don’t think Wally-World has it. Is there anything else I can use.? Thanks for the Great Site.

Take a look at my site: texasbestrecipes.com
    Chef’ Bob Lippincott
    Hugs to all of you…

4. Chef' Bob says:

you are sure right but I did find it and I used 1/2 & 1/2 in place of water wow, so good and I also added a few other things like Hot Peppers LOL
    It was just great…
    Bob

5. Jess A says:

For those of us who can’t find the soup mix and don’t want to wait for it to be shipped to us, what can we do homemade instead?

6. Vicky says:

Condensed soup is pretty much a moist version of bear creek soup mix. So follow the instructions for each can you use, then add your mix ins.

7. Mimi says:

They have Bear Creek Soup at Publix in Georgia. I use it all the time, it’s really good. I can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

8. Kathy says:

I have tried Bear Creek Soup and not thrilled about it, but that’s my tastes, Everyone is different with what they like.

9. Courtney says:

I love the Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup mix – I’ve never tried it in the crock pot, though! I will definitely be trying the crock pot today! I always add potatoes, cubed ham, and baby carrots to mine. I’m going to try it with the corn tonight and omit the carrots (I’m not sure they’ll cook through in the crock pot, maybe they would, though!).