One of my husband’s favorite foods is BBQ ribs, but they always make such a mess on our grill and this time of year, we can’t exactly go outside and grill in the snow. 🙂 So when I heard that you could make ribs in the crock pot, I put it to the test!
- 1 rack of ribs (2-3 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1½ cups of your favorite bbq sauce (We used Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ sauce)
- Line slow cooker with aslow cooker liner (trust me - you will want it so you don't have to scrub your slow cooker when you are done) and then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, salt, garlic powder, seasoned salt, brown sugar, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub both sides of rack of ribs with seasoning mixture. Cut ribs into 4-6 pieces and place in slow cooker. Pour water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook ribs in crock pot on high 4-6 hours. Add BBQ sauce and then cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Remove ribs from crock pot and serve. If you want to caramelize your BBQ sauce on the ribs, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, place ribs on top, and brush with more BBQ sauce. Place pan in oven preheated to 400 degrees and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Items needed for recipe:
Looking for more of our favorite slow cooker recipes?
Slow Cooker Chunky Pot Roast Stew
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
Slow Cooker Company Pork Roast
Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy