Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

One of my husband’s favorite foods is BBQ ribs, but they always make such a mess on our grill and this time of year, we can’t exactly go outside and grill in the snow. :) So when I saw this recipe on Tried and Tasty Recipes to make ribs in the crock pot, I knew I had to try it! It was super easy and tasted so good!

1 rack of ribs
1-2 tbsp. mustard
1/2 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. seasoned salt
1-1 1/2 c. your favorite bbq sauce (We used Famous Dave’s BBQ sauce . . . it was
Season ribs with mustard, salt, garlic salt, and seasoned salt. Cook ribs in crock pot on high 4-6 hours. Add bbq sauce cook an additional 1-2 hours.
I also just found another recipe on allrecipes.com and I want to try this dry rub next time!

(I highly recommend using a crock-pot liner . . . these get pretty messy!)

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

29 Comments

• says

I’ve made these and i always pour the sauce over the ribs as i’m putting them in the crock pot, about half way thru cooking i rotate the ribs so the ones on top are now compleatly covered in the sauce at the bottom, and when i serve them i spoon some of the sauce over the top, they always come out great!

If you have time and want an amazing rib, try Alton Brown’s Baby Backs at food network. I do use his dry rub #9 to season pork butt or ribs and throw them in the crockpot, though. Delish!

Rub Number Nine:
    1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
    3/4 cup chili powder
    1/4 cup garlic powder
    2 tablespoons ground thyme
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon allspice
    Place all of the ingredients in an airtight container and shake to combine. Store for up to 3 months.

Yield: about 2 1/2 cups

Mmmm, I just made this and it came out amazing! I bought country style pork ribs (with a bit of fat, this gives it flavor). Followed the directions and whisked up some of my own BBQ sauce cause I forgot to buy some the moment I walked out of the store **face palm**. Super juicy, so I took a bit of the juice out before I added in the BBQ sauce. Thank you so much for this recipe!

I used a rack of cheap pork ribs, and even though the meat quality wasn’t great the recipe most definitely made up for it. We made the dry rub listed and added a tablespoon of brown sugar and chili powder. I hope it goes without saying for some people, but the recipe lists mustard but should say mustard powder. Anyways, the dry rub smelled amazing and we cooked it for 6 hours on high. We used crock pot liners and ditched all the juices and put a new liner in. We added the barbecue sauce and cooked for 2 more hours. The end result was heavenly. I have added this to me and my wife’s recipe book!

I use the Hugh’s dry rub recipe on Allrecipes and basically cook my ribs the same way. I pull the ribs out before they are in the “fall apart” stage and drain the fat out of the crockpot. Then I put the ribs back in, pour the sauce over and cook for another hour or so. They come out perfect every time.

Regarding the Hugh’s rub recipe, I don’t add the salt, as I have to watch my salt intake. I just salt the items lightly as I make them. The rub is great on chicken, beef and pork.

Jenny

I’ve made this before and loved it. I’m making it tomorrow for a bigger crowd so I am tripling the amount of boneless ribs that I used before. How much longer should I cook them or should I just cook them three times separately?

6. Helene says

The taste is amazing. My family loved them. Making them again tomorrow, but this time I will pour off the juice after cooking them 4 hours, then add the sauce to finish cooking another hor or so. I like my ribs sticky not saucy. Lol!