Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe

We’ve been on an Italian kick at our house!  I am a huge lasagna fan, and love that I can make it in my slow cooker!  It actually turned out better than my usual lasagna and it only took about 10 minutes to prepare.  This recipe is definitely a keeper!

Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
Recipe type: Main Dish
Cuisine: Italian
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 6-8
We've been on an Italian kick at our house! I am a huge lasagna fan, and love that I can make it in my slow cooker!
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef (could be substituted for Italian sausage)
  • 1 (24 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 (15 oz) container of ricotta cheese (can use skim ricotta)
  • 1 pkg. Kraft Italian Cheese (approx. 2 cups)
  • ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons parsley
  • 6 regular lasagna noodles, uncooked
  1. Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Mix ricotta, 1-1/2 cups Kraft Italian cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, egg and parsley.
  2. Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with 3 lasagna noodles, broken to fit; and half of cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit; cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.
  3. Cook on low 4-6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand, covered, 10 min. or until melted.

(Recipe from Kraft Foods)

Looking for more delicious slow cooker meals?
Here are some of our favorites:

50-Slow-Cooker-Recipes-from-Six-Sisters-Stuff-811x1024We’ve put together 50 of our favorite slow cooker recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!

Get it HERE!

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

I used a 24 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce. The mozzarella mentioned in the instructions is the package of the Kraft Italian cheese, so I’m sure it would be okay. I’ve also heard of people substituting ricotta for cottage cheese.

• says

I skipped the egg and added a little milk to the mixture and it tasted great. Thank you so much for this recipe and for all of them really. We maintain you guys saved us from eating cereal for dinner while I was pregnant :) Thank you again!

I’m in the process of making this and in my excitement I completely forgot the water – I added it at the end around the edge and tried to let it seep to the bottom. What are the chances this will work? Please help :-)

so you place uncooked lasagna noodles in the crock-pot, am i reading this right? a little unsure about that part. sounds yummy though. Just wanted to comment real quick on the ricotta vs cottage cheese my mom has been using cottage cheese for over 40 yrs in her lasagna recipe, you cant tell a difference, i honestly like the cottage cheese, less calories and makes it more moist. :)

I made this today and we find it to be too blah plain tasting, but it was my first time to try a crock pot lasagna recipe so now I think I could probably use my regular super yummy recipe and make it a crock pot recipe.

• says

i think its wrong for u to criticize the taste of this recipe being that its a “generic” recipe. it doesn’t specify a particular brand of spaghetti sauce, so of course if u chose a bland spaghetti sauce, this lasagna would turn out bland. so u should blame the sauce, not this recipe.

If you substitute ricotta for cottage cheese, you are using ricotta as a substitute for (instead of) cottage cheese. This recipe calls for ricotta, so people are substituting cottage cheese for the ricotta, rather than the other way around.(Picky distinction, I realize, but it would help to create less confusion.)

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is an awesome recipe that was easy to put together and super delicious!!!! I love using my crock pot, coming home after a long day at work to having dinner ready is the best part of my day, and six sisters is my absolute new favourite website!!!

Is this prone to burning if left in the slow cooker too long? I like to use the slow cooker so that dinner is ready when I get home from work in the evening, so I’m definitely out of the house longer than 6 hours and my crock doesn’t have a timer.

8. Marina says

I made this for the first time and would definitely make it again! However, I threw in zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and bell peppers into the meat sauce and added spinach to the cheese mixture – the veggies added a lot of moisture as it cooked, and it turned out very watery. Next time I would only include half the water if adding vegetables. But it still tasted great and made enough to get two meals out of it for our family of five.

9. Amy says

We made this last night and were very disappointed. We followed the recipe exactly and it was really dry. Usually dishes like this are better the next day, not this one. We added a bit more spaghetti sauce and that didn’t help at all. We ended up tossing the rest and going out for dinner.

I have to say… I have personally made and recommended MANY of the Six Sisters recipes and i think this is the first one that we were disappointed in. As a general rule, their recipes are spot on!!!

10. Samantha Martin says

I made this a few weeks ago and am making it again tonight. I added onion to the hamburger meat and a little seasoning to the sauce (the sauce i bought was a little bland). I also left out the water because I put it in the oven rather than the crockpot… but it was delicious! My husband loved it and it was so yummy the next day =) thanks!

11. Ashley Neblett says

Do you think frozen spinach (thawed and drained) and canned mushrooms(drained) could be added to this? I was thinking of adding the spinach to the cheese mixture and the mushrooms to the meat mixture but I don’t want it to end up too watery. Maybe add less water to the sauce or cook for more time? Thoughts? Thanks!! I’m thinking of cooking this for Christmas Eve dinner since I will be using my kitchen to cook and prep everything else for Christmas Day dinner.

12. Lana says

I made this yesterday and we loved it. We used Barilla mushroom sauce and small curd cottage cheese. I did add plenty of the usual spices to the sauce! I think adding mushrooms would be great but it was truly simple to make and very tasty. Thanks ladies, this one will be in my regular rotation. The only challenge for me is that it is 4-6 hours in the slow cooker so I can’t make it on a work day. But hey, weekends are great for crocks too!

13. liz says

Could you please update your instructions.
    Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water
    To me that sounds like you add the other ingredients to the meat. So thats what did so fingers crossed to still comes out….

• Cyd says

Hi Jennifer, we have always made it that morning and started our slow cooker. But it should be fine to make ahead. Just put the crock pot in the fridge until morning. The lasagna noodles could soften a little over night, so watch it carefully. May not take quite as long to cook. Let us know how it all turns out! Have a great weekend!
      Cyd (mom of the Six Sisters)