My friend Annie made this for us when my son was in the hospital . . . and it is now my go-to lasagna recipe! My kids love it and with such simple ingredients, it's easy to throw together.
Creamy Chicken Lasagna
3 chicken breast halves, cooked
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 cube chicken bullion
1/4 cup hot water
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce (I love Prego's different flavors- anything with garlic tastes great in this recipe)
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring large pot of slightly salted water to boil. Cook noodles 8-10 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. Shred/cube cooked chicken.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dissolve bullion cube in hot water. In large bowl, mix chicken with bullion, cream cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese (sometimes I also add a dash of garlic salt and Italian seasoning just to give it at little more flavor).
4. Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x11" dish. Cover with half of chicken mixture (drop by using 2 spoons) and top with 3 noodles. Repeat. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and then top with some fresh Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes in preheated oven.
Serve with our 30 Minute Dinner Rolls and a side salad and you have a quick and easy meal!
Looking for more yummy Italian dishes?
Check these out: